So what did you buy today

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
4:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
(What do you like to preserve your boots with?)
I slather on a whole bunch of Huberd's Shoe Grease (bought from the saw shop) until it doesn't soak in anymore, then I put on a thick coat of mink oil. After doing that I can trudge through mud/water for a good hour before water'll start to penetrate.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I slather on a whole bunch of Huberd's Shoe Grease (bought from the saw shop) until it doesn't soak in anymore, then I put on a thick coat of mink oil. After doing that I can trudge through mud/water for a good hour before water'll start to penetrate.
i do this too. i havent tried to add mink oil after though. My process is to turn the heat on the oven all the way down put a cookie sheet upside down in the oven with my boots on it and turn it on after about 5 or 10 minutes i take one out and grease the whole boot then back in it goes while i do the other one. it speeds up the process of waiting for the leather to soak up the grease and last a long time as the warm leather has all of the poors open..

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i do this too. i havent tried to add mink oil after though. My process is to turn the heat on the oven all the way down put a cookie sheet upside down in the oven with my boots on it and turn it on after about 5 or 10 minutes i take one out and grease the whole boot then back in it goes while i do the other one. it speeds up the process of waiting for the leather to soak up the grease and last a long time as the warm leather has all of the poors open..
I'll leave mine under the woodstove to achieve the same effect in the winter.

Nate.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The plan is to weld it to a quick attach plate and plumb it into the aux hydraulics on a Cat 289c skid steer. It’s a cable puller winch as best I can tell & it’s got a ton of cable on it. Hoping it’ll work well for dragging trees up from steep areas the skid steer wont go.

Last edited:

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
is the cable on it still good?

Nate.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
is the cable on it still good?

That remains to be seen. It’s definitely got a layer of surface rust but I don’t see any fraying or broken strands on it. I’m gonna have to unspool it to get a better look though.