OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
8:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1410652742745.jpg

1975 Ford 3000 Diesel. I bought it as a project several years ago and rebuilt pretty much everything. Block was cracked, clutch shot, power steering was messed up, transmission froze, rear end needed bearings and seals, brakes needed done, hydraulics were shot, front end was wore out, and it was missing the Radiator, air cleaner, and nosecone assembly. Updated it to the 3600 style filter assembly since I had to buy everything anyways, good chore tractor.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 255725

1975 Ford 3000 Diesel. I bought it as a project several years ago and rebuilt pretty much everything. Block was cracked, clutch shot, power steering was messed up, transmission froze, rear end needed bearings and seals, brakes needed done, hydraulics were shot, front end was wore out, and it was missing the Radiator, air cleaner, and nosecone assembly. Updated it to the 3600 style filter assembly since I had to buy everything anyways, good chore tractor.

Great looking tractor. Those motors seem like they are very well built. I remember thinking everything seemed over engineered.

I’d like to have a 3000 diesel.

Rogee

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 255725

Great little tractors those I learnt to drive on one of those . Ended up spending most of my school summer holidays raking hay on it for my father

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dunno if I've posted this here. This MF'er belongs to the outfit we rent our dairy to:

170969259.HKAoVPfY._8110017.jpg

Last edited:

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
7:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
9A7F3212-BBC6-4D61-A569-AA2D51999576.jpeg
ah thanks they’ve got good pulling power there’s a lot of 6400’s over here
A couple weeks ago I used mine to do some plowing. I was pulling 3-18’s at a depth of 10” in heavy soil right at 5mph. I really like the tractor, and the cab is big enough to bring my kids along for the ride.

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking for a used 4WD tractor, small to medium, for maintains my gravel/rock/dirt driveway on Arkansas hillside and to skid logs to feed my stove. saw ris kubota B7500 with 224 hours. Comes with loader. Tires musta been used hard for 224 hours. Looks like it was parked outside per the seat, almost totally shredded. On auction, currently at $4200. What think y’all?

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking for a used 4WD tractor, small to medium, for maintains my gravel/rock/dirt driveway on Arkansas hillside and to skid logs to feed my stove. saw ris kubota B7500 with 224 hours. Comes with loader. Tires musta been used hard for 224 hours. Looks like it was parked outside per the seat, almost totally shredded. On auction, currently at $4200. What think y’all?

On used compact 4x4 with loaders, you are better off new. They are hot items and used with 1000-1500 hours usually are only 25-30% less than a new one. Just my observation from a few years research till i pulled the trigger on my new compact.

20200929_101740_HDR.jpg

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree with Steve. You either pay a premium for used, or just buy new and get the warranty and everything that comes with it.

Or, if you have the ground and can utilize a bigger tractor, see if you can find a deal on a bigger tractor. I've seen some decent 50-60 HP 4WD farm tractors with a loader that go for the same or less than a 20-30 HP compact.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree with Steve. You either pay a premium for used, or just buy new and get the warranty and everything that comes with it.

Or, if you have the ground and can utilize a bigger tractor, see if you can find a deal on a bigger tractor. I've seen some decent 50-60 HP 4WD farm tractors with a loader that go for the same or less than a 20-30 HP compact.

Yes, seems to be no love for a rig between 40-70hp.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
been digging out my D2 swung the diesel engine
Over with MF35 belt pulley everything is free and turning over nice on decompression
Donkey engine is free and ready for some
Pull starts
.View attachment 264873 View attachment 264874

That's very unique AJ. I've never seen a Massey Ferguson belt drive conversion like that. I have the same old D2 and looking for a winch. Those old crawlers are all engine with the pony. LOL!!

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

What the other guys said was my experience as well. I shopped around for a used one for a year before buying our MX4700 new. Watching the way a lot of numskulls operate a loader tractor would make me real hesitant to buy a used one. They just aren't built like a skid steer, but people treat them like they are. You do see LITTLE tractors like that 7500 occasionally go for a decent price, but they're pretty darned small. Not gonna be able to skid much of a stick, especially on a hill. The machines one or two sizes up are a lot more stable and capable. I don't know if they still are, but Kubota was doing 0% financing for like 84 months or something. Makes buying used seem pretty silly, when it's 80% of the new price and you gotta come up with all of it at once.

One other possible exception is that I occasionally see compact or 4wd utility tractors come up for sale with no loader. I bought one actually, since I have a loader on my MX. It seems they're hard to sell without a loader, because almost everyone buying something that size wants a loader. So, if you can get one pretty cheap and add the loader (which is not cheap) and still come in at a decent price, you might do okay that way.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
1:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's very unique AJ. I've never seen a Massey Ferguson belt drive conversion like that. I have the same old D2 and looking for a winch. Those old crawlers are all engine with the pony. LOL!!

yes it’s a good set up you just gotta make sure you cross the belt years ago every
Farm had a belt driven saw bench, water pump, stone crusher or root chopper
So a pulley bolted onto the PTO Was very popular and useful

Belt was slipping to start with but once I rubbed the tar stick on the belt
That made the 35 sit up and work

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes sir, We still have Amish in our area using belt drives on their steel wheeled tractors. Sawmills, buzz tables, feed grinders, and silo blowers. The tractors have to be on steel to passify their beliefs/religion. When you get time if you could get me a couple of pics of your belt drive it would be appreciated. I may have to search some salvage yards. Also hate to be a naggy bugger but did you ever get a link to the Ford//Fordson tractor auction. It's another want to have and curious on pricing across your way. They had a 5000 size with large tired 4x4 at an auction and the seller turned down 10k dollars. Crazy some of the pricing. LOL!!!

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 264929
A couple weeks ago I used mine to do some plowing. I was pulling 3-18’s at a depth of 10” in heavy soil right at 5mph. I really like the tractor, and the cab is big enough to bring my kids along for the ride.

Yes, used to pull a 5 bottom White 14 to 24" hyd. reset back in the late 70's and the early eighties.100_0193 (1).JPG
100_0193 (1).JPG