Show off your splitter

Matt Ellerbee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That'll do some damage plus looks like it's been modified a little. Any used splitters around here are so close to new you just as well get new, if you can find one.
It has been modified. Bigger plate and extension on wedge.
Northern has this splitter for $2400. But it is back ordered, got this for $1800

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There's a lot to be said about a longer tongue on a splitter .Little short ones like mine and most commercially built units are a beech to back up and behind a pick me up truck you can't hardly see which way it's going . On a tractor is easier but you need a neck about like a great horned owl to turn your head .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The time to buy a used splitter is not in fall or winter . My bud Tom the tree trimmer bought an older TSC with a 4" and an 8 HP for $400 .It did just fine until some rum dumb bypassed the gov on the Briggs engine .Didn't take long it blew the rod right out the front side of the engine .It was an IC industrial,,iron cylinder bearing crank shaft .I found him another, IC bushing crank $50 .I have the other one in my shed I plated the blown out crankcase ,age old fix .ugly but works . It doesn't leak oil .Sheet aluminum ,sandwiched with a chunk of buna -n sheet stock and half a tube of Permatex number two . Function over form ,works for me