Stem

Professional Cup Stacker
Local time
6:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Screenshot_20200129-195537_Gallery.jpg
did this a while back, opened up the factory port to about .750" & used 1" ID tubing for this single barrel stubby. It, along with the dual port front cover is an awesome combo & it sounds darn good.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I gotta jump in here and say a couple things. First, I've conversed with ADMO quite a bit off-line. That's a good dude, he just ain't used to you mfer's and your special recipe of azzhole. Second, soup cans ain't for chainsaw mufflers
soup_can_exhaust-3.jpg
That's it. Carry on. And GFY.
20190502_063033.jpg

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have a tig rig in the garage, it is also my stick machine which is the way it generally stays set up.
I braze mufflers because I can be done in the time it takes to swap processes, which is less than 5 minutes.

Still solid at 1200 degrees Fahrenheit, silver solder or brazing alloy has more than enough strength for a muffler mod, unless your muffler is beginning to glow red, you’re still at full strength.

45% silver with white brazing flux for the initial tinning and brazing (most of the time all you need), 15% silver once you have already made a bond to the base metal. 15% has a much wider liquidous range and allows you to build and fill large gaps by controlling your heat.

I have yet to try tig brazing which Al swears by, mostly because I’m a stubborn butthead that doesn’t like to try new things.
Gas welding with old coat hanger ain't bad if your good at it. Oxygen added torch is best for that. Snapon 120v mig is quick and efficient for myself most times. Might look for thinner wire under 0.028
0.020 would be nice.

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gas welding with old coat hanger ain't bad if your good at it. Oxygen added torch is best for that. Snapon 120v mig is quick and efficient for myself most times. Might look for thinner wire under 0.028
0.020 would be nice.
That’s where all the coat hangers went.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
0.020 would be nice.
My buddy tried using a coat hanger but the plastic kept running off when it melted!:rolleyes: You know you’re old when you know they used to make metal coat hangers.