High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

SHOW ME YOUR AXES

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
6:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Is the Norlund going to be for sale at some point, or is that one of your "personal" axes? Nothing against buckin, but I had just as soon have an AJAxe as a BBRS!
I really like that head pattern, a bunch! I have a similarly shaped crusier size that I need to work on soon(must get off my arse and drop a hickory or 4)
My plan for the cruiser has been to hang a short stout handle and try it for tossing, the hatchets are a blast, so the axes have to be a bigger blast based on size alone. When you posted that cool slinging axe yesterday (?) It sort of got me leaning toward the inspired side of it.. (Mind you, just leaning, not completely inspired yet, but any day now). (Thanks)

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
7:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
56BBE885-7A08-4BCC-A19B-2F790D5F61DD.jpeg 8D1D1FF5-C845-4F10-A93E-97A846C27774.jpeg 3B783232-1AE6-491B-9025-5374EF34545A.jpeg Soaked in burnt motor oil last night. You can see where it actually absorbed the oil through the whole head and up into the wood. Probably could choose a better oil. But as Chevy knows I’m tight. So tight I squeak Anyhow. The plumbs have a strange shaped eye. If I was gonna get that seated it woulda took another 1/4 inch plus. The small wedge I cut I’ll drive in from the bottom. Seems to work well enough. Keeps moisture from just sitting in there I think. I’ve been wrong before. Seems like a very good fit.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
7:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can you drop it down on the shoulder more? After that you could cut it to where you like.
I certainly could have. It woulda took a heck of a lot more whittling at it. I’m super tight down low cept the tiny triangle front of the axe. I felt pretty satisfied. She’s pegged on there now.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
4:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I certainly could have. It woulda took a heck of a lot more whittling at it. I’m super tight down low cept the tiny triangle front of the axe. I felt pretty satisfied. She’s pegged on there now.
I didn't realize it was set already. My bad lol, and I'm sure it will be fine.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
12:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I own this axe & its totally useless as a splitting axe....its ok to cut kindling but the handle is too long for that & too short with to small head to split. It looks nice but is a kinda nowhere axe that ain't really good at anything. X27...different story.

That’s interesting I was thinking about the smaller head longer handle
Saved some money there won’t /e getting any of those in

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There’s another one I forgot too post up they call it the Sport Axe

RRP $359

View attachment 111950
I have liked that one for awhile, the only thing that bothers me is that they recommend that you don't use it in anything harder than poplar. Probably has something to do with the edge, possibly softer to achieve desired profile for a racing axe..

Last edited:

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
12:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
image.jpg
Is the Norlund going to be for sale at some point, or is that one of your "personal" axes? Nothing against buckin, but I had just as soon have an AJAxe as a BBRS!
I really like that head pattern, a bunch! I have a similarly shaped crusier size that I need to work on soon(must get off my arse and drop a hickory or 4)
My plan for the cruiser has been to hang a short stout handle and try it for tossing, the hatchets are a blast, so the axes have to be a bigger blast based on size alone. When you posted that cool slinging axe yesterday (?) It sort of got me leaning toward the inspired side of it.. (Mind you, just leaning, not completely inspired yet, but any day now). (Thanks)

It’s funny I was thinking about having a go at axe throwing and that norlund double bit is right for that job

Yeah I won’t sell that Norlund it took me ages to get that one at the right price
It’s one of a pair I got Attached to these pair

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 111957

It’s funny I was thinking about having a go at axe throwing and that norlund double bit is right for that job

Yeah I won’t sell that Norlund it took me ages to get that one at the right price
It’s one of a pair I got Attached to these pair
She's a beaut...
Throwing is fun, I became enamoured when my wife and I went to a historically correct village/tourist trap. They throw hatchets(the employees) everyday at lunch. Being somewhat of a slow day, they offered to let us give it a go.
All that was required was for me to throw a bullseye on my first try ever. Needless to say I was hooked...