Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s interesting I was thinking about the smaller head longer handle
Saved some money there won’t /e getting any of those in
Kinda a shame as they look great and are as well made/finished as the X-series Fiskars but its head size to handle length ratio is just not that useful. I bought mine when I got an X27 for my female partner to use and its not really that good for her. The handle length makes it kinda dangerous if you were to miss. I give her a HB Hults Bruk I rescued to use instead. Here's a pic for reference.1518561898795.jpg

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
11:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kinda a shame as they look great and are as well made/finished as the X-series Fiskars but its head size to handle length ratio is just not that useful. I bought mine when I got an X27 for my female partner to use and its not really that good for her. The handle length makes it kinda dangerous if you were to miss. I give her a HB Hults Bruk I rescued to use instead. Here's a pic for reference.View attachment 111978

I see what you mean not the best idea they’ve had , I see it’s on 42% discount now so it sounds like the feedback hasn’t been as good as they thought

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't have anything against cutting pine !!! LOL I'll show that pine who's the boss
and I'd look dead sexy doing it with that racing axe ! LOL (just take my word for it)
You'd look better using one of those sexy Sweedish Axes of yours. [emoji23]

ARPILOT

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
regarding our love for axes & hatchets.... I've got by at times, struggled at times at sharpening..... maybe a little to do with OCD lol but I've been striving to really get something very sharp (like a brand new GB type sharp) I just came across the KME axe sharpening kit, it came in the mail today and I've been tinkering with it. I'm already very impressed with it.
I've already made an otherwise cheap hardware store hatchet very sharp ! I know it's not the old school traditional way but....might be worth a look for you guys.

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
5:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I don't have anything against cutting pine !!! LOL I'll show that pine who's the boss
and I'd look dead sexy doing it with that racing axe ! LOL (just take my word for it)
It would up my game substantially as well.
I can see us at the club with our cool racin axes over our shoulder...

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

stikine

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The five star. Just finished profiling the bit and handling. The steel is very hard and a file doesn't cut it but a belt sander is your friend!

Awesome axe for the price but they require some work as I mentioned above. 4.5 pounds.

I put a general all round profile on it as opposed to a racing profile for durability sake.