RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes Mike! It's all good...
One thing I really like is that ALL our saws are real good! Regardless of brand, porter, builder, etc...
Great groups of guys, great saws, great kinship, great times!!! [emoji631][emoji108][emoji106][emoji482]

Now back to some good vids.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You tell em Aaron, I'm just too damn mad

About saws???

Take a breath, Mason Jeff and I are all friends, this is just some friendly bantering.

And yes, everyone has a little bit of pride involved also, but it is no big deal, not like we will not shake each other's hands and smile come the next GTG.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
About saws???

Take a breath, Mason Jeff and I are all friends, this is just some friendly bantering.

And yes, everyone has a little bit of pride involved also, but it is no big deal, not like we will not shake each other's hands and smile come the next GTG.
I was joking, I'm not mad at all. It's mostly you guys having fun shooting the chit, and I was being silly. I'm almost quite literally not allowed to get mad anymore lol. Might have me an accident!

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The look on your face gave it away... No worries Mason. It's all good. That 395 you had was real nice!!! Strong and Fast.
Ok from what I remember we had the same cut times with different chain setups. It was two years ago so maybe I’m forgetting something.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You guys have waaaay too many excuses about chains. Holy fawk. Buy a new loop of chain and use the same bar. Then test in the same wood.

So simple, no need to make things difficult
Can I use your chain next time we race? Would be way easier if I didn’t have to do one.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The times were close, and the B+C were not the same, but your face did give it away! IIRC, you conducted the testing (you ran ALL the saws) because you were pretty confident your 395 was King of the Hill.

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get you guy's are mates and race saw's for fun and all at GTG's but what's the go with chains is it not aloud to sharpen a chain? I just read someone say there chain had two tanks of fuel on it WTF? Lol myself if I was having a race with a saw for fun with mates and all I'd just give the chain a rub with a file? keep it at 100% what's the go with running a chain that needs a rub? Of course it going to cut slower than a sharp chain?
Real question not being a smart ass or anything Cheers..

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get you guy's are mates and race saw's for fun and all at GTG's but what's the go with chains is it not aloud to sharpen a chain? I just read someone say there chain had two tanks of fuel on it WTF? Lol myself if I was having a race with a saw for fun with mates and all I'd just give the chain a rub with a file? keep it at 100% what's the go with running a chain that needs a rub? Of course it going to cut slower than a sharp chain?
Because they want to have an excuse for when they loose

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I can help with the 4 letter word thing.
What the hell are you talkin about ?

As Usual...
A four letter word … must have hit a nerve.

Sorry Ryan, didn't mean to get your panties twisted!

Saw looks good!

The four letter word was hell.
Mike assumed ruffled panties because of the “What the hell” in lieu of plain old “what”.

I lost my notifications on this thread, it’s caught up.
Interesting read.
Is this the new “saw” measuring thread?

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here’s an old video to get back on track.
8 years ago in my saw modding infancy.
Just an engine swap, MS310 into an MS290.
Listen to that dog, Great Pyrenees named Stella.
Miss her. People stayed away from the house.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here’s an old video to get back on track.
8 years ago in my saw modding infancy.
Just an engine swap, MS310 into an MS290.
Listen to that dog, Great Pyrenees named Stella.
Miss her. People stayed away from the house.

Is this the saw you piped Dave?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I brought 20 saws to the GTG, and you let anyone who wants to run them. There is wood set up all over the place, not just the cants. Then someone asks if you want to race at the cant, and you just pick up a saw and do it, no time to touch it up. It is all for fun anyway. If you took the time to touch up your chain that person + saw would no longer be up there.

But in general, I set my saws up for cutting hardwood, not softwood cants. Others have their saws set up specifically for doing well in softwood cants (larger sprockets and steeper angle chain filing).

It is all good, but the peanut gallery sometimes makes too much of it. Loosing at the cant does not mean your saw is not a good one. Depending on the venue, we all seem to get our moments in the Sun … and in the Shade … just how it goes!

Part of what makes it fun is that no one wins all the time.