Saw video thread

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow. Very impressive. Strong saws there. Lotsa noodles! They build up fast.
Is that pine?

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
mike is the noodles catching because of chain roller ?

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that a hard wood or soft wood?

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
2:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I decided to completely hog out a WJ 35 carb to see how bad I could destroy it. No more venturi..just a nozzle and a plate.
The narrowest part in there is about 23mm. I also drilled out the metering seat and jet. 20160909_052330.jpg 20160909_034321.jpg

It's running a 9-pin in the clip. Not quite dialed in yet with the tuning. You can hear it a bit lean coming back off throttle.

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
7:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol I know the feeling I used to crank up stuff I had just finished to make sure it would run and sometimes it was after 1-2 am. I'm sure the neighbors were plotting my demise.
I cant do that here.
I have 3 kids and the next door neighbours have 2 kids under 3.
I have a sun down rule. No sunshine, no saws

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
2:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Just something I noticed. You might be better off using a roller instead of the spikes. That saw goes through the wood so fast the spike gets stuck. Lol
That's for sure. I can't take the spikes off or it'll beat the crap out of the pipe. I'm going to fab up a set of spikeless dogs.

That's awesome Jim!

I bet you don't get Christmas cards from your neighbours :)
It's all about timing for when the neighborhood lawn mower chain reaction kicks off. I never run saws when any of the neighbors are outside congregating or after dark. The kids have right of way too. I'll shut it down immediately if I see a pedestrian coming and wait until they're out of range.
I do however live in a blue collar neighborhood with a real, and busy Harley mechanic across the street, go karts and atv's ripping up the sidewalks and street, and the guy trying to blow the hood off his Chevy hotrod somewhere a few houses over. Damn that thing is one violent sounding V-8.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sycamore is a soft hardwood, similar to Tulip or Silver Maple.

Just went on Criaglist, was a low hour homeowner owned 044 with b&c for $375, I called, but "just sold"....well, at least I tried. Every now & then something nice shows up. I do not need it, but...

Cliff

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I decided to completely hog out a WJ 35 carb to see how bad I could destroy it. No more venturi..just a nozzle and a plate.
The narrowest part in there is about 23mm. I also drilled out the metering seat and jet. View attachment 33082 View attachment 33083

It's running a 9-pin in the clip. Not quite dialed in yet with the tuning. You can hear it a bit lean coming back off throttle.
Pipe saws are cool