High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Saw video thread

ChipsFlyin

OPE Platinum Member
Local time
7:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Has to make a chain to run on this odd length roller nose I had. Pretty cool bar...wide.

View attachment 164484

I wonder if that Oregon is originally from a Poulan or Poulan rebadged 245/306 frame saw. To be a .063 it would have had to be worn pretty good though. Poulan had goofy lengths - 17 and 21 - and wide bars back in the day. D176 mounts - 8mm slot, 0.50 , 64DL for the 17".
This is a 21" on my 245SA
245SA.JPG

Last edited:

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder if that Oregon is originally from a Poulan or Poulan rebadged 245/306 frame saw. To be a .063 it would have had to be worn pretty good though. Poulan had goofy lengths - 17 and 21 - and wide bars back in the day. D176 mounts - 8mm slot, 0.50 , 64DL for the 17".
View attachment 164615
That's sweet.
Is the chain sharp.

ChipsFlyin

OPE Platinum Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That's sweet.
Is the chain sharp.

The barracuda chain is super sharp to touch on the cutting corner but does not cut that great. It's an innovative idea and cool looking but would say it's more of a novelty and fun item. Take a look at the new powersharp videos o, not real impressive.

The cutter geometry is weird with the top plate cutting angle being very steep nothing like a traditional new cutter. To me it seems like the chain gouges chips out rather than slicing. The side plate is not real sharp either so there has to be more drag.

I think it can be improved but only with files and side plate stoning. Somewhere down the road I'll take closeups of the chain and post it on the square filing thread and have guys tear it apart with recommendations. I have some Ideas but hate to destroy the chain figuring out how to improve then have nothing, The old barracudas are pretty rare and new powersharps are way different in construction.

ChipsFlyin

OPE Platinum Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The barracuda chain is super sharp to touch on the cutting corner but does not cut that great. It's an innovative idea and cool looking but would say it's more of a novelty and fun item. Take a look at the new powersharp videos o, not real impressive.

The cutter geometry is weird with the top plate cutting angle being very steep nothing like a traditional new cutter. To me it seems like the chain gouges chips out rather than slicing. The side plate is not real sharp either so there has to be more drag.

I think it can be improved but only with files and side plate stoning. Somewhere down the road I'll take closeups of the chain and post it on the square filing thread and have guys tear it apart with recommendations. I have some Ideas but hate to destroy the chain figuring out how to improve then have nothing, The old barracudas are pretty rare and new powersharps are way different in construction.

There's already a thread here with pics of the old and new versions.

http://opeforum.com/threads/powersharp-chains.5620/

ChipsFlyin

OPE Platinum Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Stock vs Mitch ported

I was able to press uncomfortably hard on the ported saw, so it could use a bigger sprocket if only they make one

View attachment 164715

Check with @Definitive Dave . He may be able to track down an 8 pin pico rim for ya or have sitting around in old stock. There are aftermarket ones ones available but are custom and pricy. ($34)

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
6:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 164615

I had a Dolmar 510 with a goofy "18" inch bar and 64dl chain. Irritating it was.