Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
11:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What wood do most people use in these videos? We have pine and poplar that would make my 590 look a ot faster than that locust but I don' cut it unless it falls across the driveway.
Whatever ya have.

Most use a soft wood.

I use whatever I can get my hands on. Only sizeable chunks I've had have been the cotton wood/ poplar. Some kind of soft wood anyway.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Joe @Red97 your builds are all impressive. Especially the under rated echo builds. Then you cone up with a straight up ringer like this 730 and your 490. The 730 is everything a good saw should be and amazing for a echo to be able to run like that.

Thank you for the kind words.

Just doing what I enjoy, I'm glad some others enjoy them as well.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What wood do most people use in these videos? We have pine and poplar that would make my 590 look a ot faster than that locust but I don' cut it unless it falls across the driveway.
I mostly cut oak, sometimes beech and locust.

Fresh hornbeam makes for a good video, huge snow white chips - chisel chain likes it.

Battle Cross 2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Fresh hornbeam makes for a good video, huge snow white chips - chisel chain likes it.
Most of what we cut is hard woods also. Ash throws big chips to. Seems to be an endless supply of that thanks to the EAB.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Cut some serviceberries and spalted hornbeams before with aggressive chisel chain. Those chips were huge. Cut like tulip pops.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This saw was a gift from some outstanding people on this forum. I have never been given anything before, let alone something I have a passion for and will use. I don't have words for the gratitude I feel.

It was an emotional ordeal for me.