Saw video thread

Michpatriot

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder if you would have to be on the exact same axis as the sensor inside the angle finder with the crankshaft center, so as not to skew the 360/accuracy. If you treat the sensor like a connecting rod, and its off like even a little would it be akin to a stroker crank, favoring one direction?..Not Bashing but curious how the sensor works in 360° if it was not on the EXACT center of rotation..and I'm not talking about the outer box the sensor is in..where it is mounted inside is what I'm getting at. Really neat idea if its perfect against a degree wheel and shows light on ports the same..I do think too much.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
7:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder if you would have to be on the exact same axis as the sensor inside the angle finder with the crankshaft center, so as not to skew the 360/accuracy. If you treat the sensor like a connecting rod, and its off like even a little would it be akin to a stroker crank, favoring one direction?..Not Bashing but curious how the sensor works in 360° if it was not on the EXACT center of rotation..and I'm not talking about the outer box the sensor is in..where it is mounted inside is what I'm getting at. Really neat idea if its perfect against a degree wheel and shows light on ports the same..I do think too much.

Yeh, if the sensor was sitting in the box at a 10* angle and you tried to rotate it could throw off the numbers.

Much the same as sitting on a table saw at the 45* angle. They are supposed to be used perpendicular to an axis or part.

Saw should stay in the same location on the bench/stand.

These need the crank to stay mostly in the horizontal plane. With won't work correctly with the powerhead tipped to 1 side.

Once the chuck is attached it shouldn't leave the crankshaft. Same with the degree wheel/box. If everything is just rotating then it stays very repeatable.

It is up to the user to decide how far they want to chase the .1's....