Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
5:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice Eric. Did you land it on the log? Lol
Sounded like it ..
Yup! Dead center then she bounced off to the side. Yard was frozen but to help not make a big dent. Also bucket truck right behind me and deck so we throw a line on it

Felled the maple butt next to it with the 262 mason went through for us. Rattler setup the cylinder and Matty helped with case work and assembly ... and that saw totally rips. True community effort saw lol.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jacob, I thought most of the 12 mm 044s had the Walbro and the snorkel.

My 10mm 044 still has the Zama. I tested other carbs on it, but it liked that one best.

Conversely, my ported MS460 liked the HD-50 best (461 carb), and my ported Hybrid like the 70 jet Walbro best. (I think an HD-14 ... don't remember). It was the arctic carb.

I have trouble making any sense of it all ... so just try to give them what they like best!

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
2:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jacob, I thought most of the 12 mm 044s had the Walbro and the snorkel.

My 10mm 044 still has the Zama. I tested other carbs on it, but it liked that one best.

Conversely, my ported MS460 liked the HD-50 best (461 carb), and my ported Hybrid like the 70 jet Walbro best. (I think an HD-14 ... don't remember). It was the arctic carb.

I have trouble making any sense of it all ... so just try to give them what they like best!

I only asked because you can see a Zama in the picture of Kevin's carcass. I've run the old Zamas on several saws and they did a great job.

Owner sent me an HD-16 for it

The 16 is a good carb. I had a Zama on the last ported 046 I ran for 8 years and it did a good job. Several people have maligned the Zamas but the early ones were good.

I gave that saw to a couple forum members that are pro fallers.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I only asked because you can see a Zama in the picture of Kevin's carcass. I've run the old Zamas on several saws and they did a great job.

The 16 is a good carb. I had a Zama on the last ported 046 I ran for 8 years and it did a good job. Several people have maligned the Zamas but the early ones were good.

The Zama is akin to the Quadra-jet to me. Hated by most in favor of a Holley. But when the Quadra-jet was right.....

The Zama just works

Last edited:

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
4:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Zama is akin to the Quadra-jet to me. Hated by most in favor of a Holley. But when the Quadra-jet was right.....

The Zama just works
Good comparison. As a kid my dad made me take a few apart and put them back together. I think they are just a bit over complicated in comparison to a Holley but really when they are in working order you didn’t have any trouble with them. Mostly mechanical linkage issues and *s-word would cause the trouble. The Quadra junk as some called it lol

HYPERSAWS

West coast cutter
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That saw runs good I enjoy it a lot thanks JJ.
:beer-toast1::beer-toast1:

HYPERSAWS

West coast cutter
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I'll get some video of it tomorrow