Redfin

Meh...
Local time
4:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like it John.

Go with the full plug. I don't like adding that dead space to the chamber myself-could be wrong. Looks like a spot for poor combustion or preignition to me, again, could be wrong.

How open is your muffler? I'd expect you to be fully 4 stroking into the 16's with that sucker.

They like a lot of exhaust.
I didnt like the thought of having the plug shorter than the chamber but at least its easy to change and test.

The muffler is roughly 125% of port opening. Im a tad surpised how low it dropped.

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
6:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dang doc, that baby is blowing some psi!
I dont see PSI as much of an issue in a smaller CC saw.
Mine is 230 and I have the decomp plugged. It is not difficult to turn over or start.
I would not build a 90cc+ work saw over 200 psi
I built a 111cc Stihl 076 that had 180 and it near tore my fingers off a couple times. Damn thing was the first saw I was ever scared of pulling the cord on and I drop start my 090 left handed.

Brewz

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably getting off topic, but to get my exhaust timing down into the hundreds, I had to drop the jug a fair bit which resulted in the high compression.
I want to keep the squish tight but would like to drop it back to sub 200 psi.

I have been thinking of leaving the domed squish and flat topping the piston under the combustion chamber to see how it goes

Brewz

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From memory mine had a really high exhaust and I had to take 40+ off the base and 30+ off the band to get the exhaust down around 102-103*

Do you think putting a thicker gasket in to take squish up to mid 20's would hurt it?

94BULLITT

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I went to the Capon Bridge Founders Day. They had a lumberjack competition. It was really cool to watch. They had a stock saw race with echos CS590s, hotsaws, axe throwing, jack and jill buck saw, and 2 man bucksaw, underhand chop, and standing block chop. They did something were they had one end of the log proped up about 6' with a 8x8 cant on the end of it. They started in front of the log and round to the back of it, up it and cut a cookie off then ran back down and to the front. There was 4 or 5 guys there that compete or had been in the Stihl Timbersports. I got some videos of the bikesaws.