Country flag

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the last of my scores for a bit. There's still a half dozen piles and another dead, probably half rotten locut tree, but that's all going to have to wait. I got 8 loads hauled out of there and 2 of those trips had a trailer load too.

I know this.........I have plenty of splitting to do now. I just about had my "need to split" pile cleaned up and now half my yard has been overrun. Lol

IMG_20221127_143116_950.jpg

I saw a lot

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the last of my scores for a bit. There's still a half dozen piles and another dead, probably half rotten locut tree, but that's all going to have to wait. I got 8 loads hauled out of there and 2 of those trips had a trailer load too.

I know this.........I have plenty of splitting to do now. I just about had my "need to split" pile cleaned up and now half my yard has been overrun. Lol

View attachment 356564

Don't blame you after all that. Can you post a picture of the candy when you get time? Love to see that grand total all together.
Thanks.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't blame you after all that. Can you post a picture of the candy when you get time? Love to see that grand total all together.
Thanks.

"Candy" Lol

Yep. I'll take one tomorrow. I think I even have a picture of what was there before I hauled these loads in.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm envious of all that wood. Looks like you are well prepared for a couple years.

I feel grateful to have the access to what I've been able to haul in the last week. I'm grateful for all the firewood I'm able to get actually.

Should be close to 4 years worth here, total. Counting what I just hauled in.

I saw a lot

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a solid 3 years here at the house, but not at the moment. Should have enough for this year plus I have enough locust (split 2017-2018) for another solid year but saving that for the real cold weather.
Need to start working harder as most wood that's getting split now is being sold by best friend.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
12:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The lengths of the bucked rounds seem awfully short. Just MHO. Any reason for all those short logs?

yes it’s the going size around here the longest are 10” there’s still a lot of small fireplaces
About and the Scandinavian stoves are quite small and efficient

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes it’s the going size around here. The longest are 10” there’s still a lot of small fireplaces about, and the Scandinavian stoves are quite small and efficient.
I really feel I should respond here. It's quite different in central USA. I could never sell those short logs except to potbelly stove owners. A few really small fireplace insert customers will accept them. But, the standard is 16" to 18" logs and quite a few fireplace owners want them cut longer than that.

I had one customer take all the logs under 12" in length that were in my truck's bed and throw them back into the truck before I could deliver them. Then he asked for a 25% discount before I could deliver the rest. Needless to say, I no longer deliver to him anymore, but it did happen.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
12:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really feel I should respond here. It's quite different in central USA. I could never sell those short logs except to potbelly stove owners. A few really small fireplace insert customers will accept them. But, the standard is 16" to 18" logs and quite a few fireplace owners want them cut longer than that.

I had one customer take all the logs under 12" in length that were in my truck's bed and throw them back into the truck before I could deliver them. Then he asked for a 25% discount before I could deliver the rest. Needless to say, I no longer deliver to him anymore, but it did happen.

Yes thanks for the reply it’s good too hear all the differences from country too country
And too be honest it would be quicker if I could cut longer firewood

below is my fireplace insert stove it’ll take a 12” log but iam geared up too cut
8” - 10” for the customers and log nets

image.jpg

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes thanks for the reply it’s good too hear all the differences from country too country
And too be honest it would be quicker if I could cut longer firewood

below is my fireplace insert stove it’ll take a 12” log but iam geared up too cut
8” - 10” for the customers and log nets

View attachment 357778
Real nice !!