Country flag
Almost got it all today. My back = broke. :crybaby2:

View attachment 353993

View attachment 353992

View attachment 353994
View attachment 353996

Weighed this load too.
View attachment 353995

Reweighs are only $3.50. Any guesses combined- all in? Truck was 5060 and trailer is just a bit over 400lbs.
Hellava Job Mate!
BTW...what yr is your Tundra?
I've got a 2003 Tundra XCab 2WD with 238K and counting. 2 Timing belt changes, a power steering line, a new radiator, and one set of tires/brakes, and still hauling ASH!
TANK2.0!
I bought it 9 yrs ago with 149K!!
Hard to believe I can hardly find a 5 yr old crew cab truck with less than 60K for under $40,000!:crybaby2::crybaby2::facepalm::facepalm:

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
7:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hellava Job Mate!
BTW...what yr is your Tundra?
I've got a 2003 Tundra XCab 2WD with 238K and counting. 2 Timing belt changes, a power steering line, a new radiator, and one set of tires/brakes, and still hauling ASH!
TANK2.0!
I bought it 9 yrs ago with 149K!!
Hard to believe I can hardly find a 5 yr old crew cab truck with less than 60K for under $40,000!:crybaby2::crybaby2::facepalm::facepalm:
2003. :thumbsup: Recently turned 200k. I've done timing belt/water pump, fr brake calipers/rotors, all 8 coil packs, had a fr sway bar end link fail and I think that's it. Owned it since 2010.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2003. :thumbsup: Recently turned 200k. I've done timing belt/water pump, fr brake calipers/rotors, all 8 coil packs, had a fr sway bar end link fail and I think that's it. Owned it since 2010.

BRAVO!!!
2003 is listed as one of the BEST yrs for the Tundra!
I reckon I'll hang on to it, seeing how somebody in my family is ALWAYS needing some wheels!:rolleyes::drive::facepalm:

I saw a lot

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never cut any here. I see thorny locust, but stay away from it.

Don't blame you for that. Here, locust hybrids are popular yard trees. Haven't scored any lately but still have some to split that's been sitting for 4+ years. All I know is we put all locust in my private stash.:banana:

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not my truck but does belong to a member here.

Just a reminder the about energy that's waiting to be unloaded when we care a large/heavy load in our trucks/tailers. Driver will be okay but does have some recovery time ahead of them. I had to go to the impound yard to retrieve his property from it.
And she did a wonderful job. I was the victim. A new truck is on order, and it will take some time to heal up. Broken sternum and a concussion. A real mess, it was my first serious accident and, of course, it was not my fault. Truck was packed with freshly split premium oak and ash. Frankly, guys, I am lucky to be alive. It was a close one to say the least. The air bag, seat belt, shoulder harness, and God saved me.

Last edited:

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And she did a wonderful job. I was the victim. A new truck is on order, and it will take some time to heal up. Broken sternum and a concussion. A real mess, it was my first serious accident and, of course, it was not my fault. Truck was packed with freshly split premium oak and ash. Frankly, guys, I am lucky to be alive. It was a close one to say the least. The air bag, seat belt, shoulder harness, and God saved me.
Glad you're here to tell the story Edwin. Take it slow and easy.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad you're here to tell the story Edwin. Take it slow and easy.
Well, I actually was taking it slow when this accident occurred near an intersection. Had I been going 35 or 40 mph rather that 25 or 30, I might not be able to write this paragraph. The damages that her pictures show were caused by an impact with a concrete culvert that's 6 feet down in a ditch. I swerved left to avoid a broadside impact with a large SUV that did an unexpected U-turn with a blinking right turn signal. That impact would have likely killed the SUV driver because my truck was packed with hardwood logs that had just been split the day before.

Last edited:

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I actually was taking it slow when this accident occurred near an intersection. Had I been going 35 or 40 mph rather that 25 or 30, I might not be able to write this paragraph. The damages that her pictures show were caused by an impact with a concrete culvert that's 6 feet down in a ditch. I swerved left to avoid a broadside impact with a large SUV that did an unexpected U-turn with a blinking right turn signal. That impact would have likely killed the SUV driver because my truck was packed with hardwood logs that had just been split the day before.
People tend not to think about what’s in their bed or back seat while driving. It Still has lots of energy when you come to an abrupt stop. My father knew a guy that was killed from stuff in his backseat. I myself was very lucky in a similar situation. The diamond plate toolbox took most of the impact it was crushed like a pancake. No joke that’s for sure. Feel better pal!

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
People tend not to think about what’s in their bed or back seat while driving. It Still has lots of energy when you come to an abrupt stop. My father knew a guy that was killed from stuff in his backseat. I myself was very lucky in a similar situation. The diamond plate toolbox took most of the impact it was crushed like a pancake. No joke that’s for sure. Feel better pal!
I am getting better and feeling better but it's slow. When my truck went down into the deep ditch, the frame bottomed out and then bounced a bunch of logs upwards. Those logs nearest the cab went right through the back window. The truck's rear wheels were almost off the ground because the nose was at such a downward pointing angle. I was out cold with a concussion, so I never really saw the scene. This is what the sheriff told me at the ER.