Range rifles

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I meant in the 66. I now see you said 77. They have a little different green. Almost like a camo speckle thing.

Last edited:

Big1066ih

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I meant in the 66. I now see you said 77. They have a little different green. Almost like a camo speckle thing.
My understanding is the green apache 77 was sold exclusively at Kmart, a family friend let me use his as a kid and i shot thousands of rounds through it.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats what I got from the ole interweb too. Those only came from Kmart. I had heard the green 66s were only sold at Montgomery Ward dept stores. Havent researched it heavily.
So glad I lucked into this one initially when I did, though I ended up with about as much in it as they bring now. That was all due to my own stupidity. I'm happy to have it back and get to put a few rounds through now and then. I'll have to get a couple of pics of my granddads Sportsman 58 16 guage and the one that my dad let me have that was my late brothers. They both have been well loved, especially Paw Paws, but one of the most well balanced upland guns ive ever put in my hands.
I doubt you'll ever find a screaming deal on a model 77. If you want one, be prepared to pay for it. Just make sure you can shoot it and its something you actually like before you spend that money on something just to say that you have it.

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sighting in a build @ 50yds that i finished recently. I need to clear out more brush to 100yds but figured I'd better atleast get this thing on target. This was my final 5 shot group on a ar500 paddleIMG_20200316_131442.jpg IMG_20200316_142022.jpg

Last edited:

breese

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone have one of the Ruger 8400 Precision Rimfire Bolt 22 Long Rifle?
I am interested in your experience and thoughts on it.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've pulled the trigger a time or two when I lived in Texas in another life.

237261.cannon1.jpg

1056953.243.jpg
25919544.whisper.jpg
125488916.ROx1EQfw.jpg
18880852.hk531.jpg
133035487.j6OgKWB8.jpg
123038180.XqskOqzB.jpg
82657646.62UHsUnL.jpg
52637180.g190.jpg
74316028.ihQUFyDy.jpg
31565964.silencers.jpg
8235571.guns.jpg
12517417.browning.jpg
https://a4.pbase.com/u/wyk/large/237261.cannon1.jpg

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like a toy, but shoots oh so smooth. Got this years and years ago. Got it in trade for a chain spinner/breaker.
Sold it to buy a cheap carry pistol for my ex. Both are long gone. Guy I sold it to said he would let me know if he ever decided to get rid of it. Turns out he was a man of his word, so I now own it again. Wife bought it back for me Christmas before last(for a LOT more than I gave or was paid for it). She is better than I deserve(sometimes).
Its got some "character", but still in good shape for the shape its in.
View attachment 229532 View attachment 229535 View attachment 229536
Outstanding...btwn 10-22's and Nylon 66's back in the 70's, I can't even ballpark the number of squirrels and *s-wordt that got the pill.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That tan n grey mod700 is absolutely gorgeous. What barrel and cal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

243AI. Fires a 70 grain Nosler at 3900fps.
LightForce 12-42X scope.
28inch Pac Nor 1.2" thick bbl.
McMillan BR stock with loads of lead in the butt.
I think this was a speedy gonzalez gun from Denton.
I rarely fired it under 300 yards.

In this pic - 9mm, 6mmBR, 243AI 70g nosler, 308, 243 w/VLD all in front of that pac nor bbl.

238001.cases.JPG

I shot BR a lot, so each shell is trimmed, turned, weighed, then the volume was checked for target shooting. The rest I used for prarie dogs on a bud's ranch in NW TX and one in NE NM.

I'll leave ya with a couple of beauty shots.

686:
51708004.6864.jpg

Ace Custom 45acp:

117961.DIGnofsh2.jpg

11813556.fal3.jpg

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can definitely tell an ai once fired case. Ive heard lots of good things about nightforce scopes, really been wanting one. Thanks for the other money shot gun pics, but only accurate rifles are interesting lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here we are setting up to call coyotes that evening. This is 1999 or so. The rifle is a Rem LTR early edition short barrel version in 308 blue printed by Speedys with a short neck to fire 110g vmax's jammed in to the lands. Leupold 4-14 tactical modified by US Optics back when they did that kinda thing. That little rifle with custom loads would shoot 110gr VMax's into a .2" group all day long at 3200fps. A 308 VMax at that velocity just grenades on impact.

369216.clay917.jpg

The crazy thing is I weigh a lot less nowadays. I used to love my Texas BBQ :)

And here's Speedy's 300 Jarrett:

143031.sbbl2.jpg

mgr1

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Al those big boy toys. Most of them ar forbidden by laws and what is not vorbidden by law are the hunting calibers. For a simple .22lr : psychologic test and paperwork from a doctor that you health and vision is good. Than you go to a shooting club. 12 lessons in safe handeling and shooting a rifle with at least a practice exam.

After this whe need to ask a permit on the goverment. Every person in your house most stay after you decision for a gun. Around 6 months later and a postitive Police control Its possible to buy a .22lr rifle or handgun.

A minimum of 12 lessons a year in a shooting club or they take your permit of and you can start al over.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Al those big boy toys. Most of them ar forbidden by laws and what is not vorbidden by law are the hunting calibers. For a simple .22lr : psychologic test and paperwork from a doctor that you health and vision is good. Than you go to a shooting club. 12 lessons in safe handeling and shooting a rifle with at least a practice exam.

After this whe need to ask a permit on the goverment. Every person in your house most stay after you decision for a gun. Around 6 months later and a postitive Police control Its possible to buy a .22lr rifle or handgun.

A minimum of 12 lessons a year in a shooting club or they take your permit of and you can start al over.
Holy chit

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you get to shoot as much over there?

Like MGr said - it is difficult to get guns in Europe. This is not necessarily a bad thing. I got most of my gun lust out of me when I was back in Texas - just look at all that stuff I used to have. Well, I also used to make quite a bit more money in the medical industry, and I was a compettive shooter, but I digress. Here in Ireland you have to join a club and be a competitive shooter or a law enforcement officer, or have land on which to hunt or practice target shooting. Then do means testing and psych testing. Then show your references. And they may, and likely will, interview your relatives and acquaintences. None of which is cheap or fast. You can also have land that needs to be regulated for deer, etc. On the estate I work, we have a few shotguns, rifles, and silencers for those rifles. If you have land, it is actually fairly easy to get firearms, and even silencers. Machineguns are completely banned - as they are for nearly everyone stateside that doesn't have a load of cash to sink in to them.

In other words, there isn't the same self-defense or sport attitude in much of Europe as in the US. You have to have a reason to own a gun. Which I am OK with. I don't feel naked without a gun here. In Texas - I would rather be armed, especially since the laws are on my side in a defense case. Why? Because everyone there has a gun. Here in Ireland, not so much. Our patrol police, and the UK police are not armed, because they don't need to be. If there's a situation, they call out the armed police or the military special forces, or form something up before they go on a task. There's no posse comatatis act here like in the US. Armed military are seen in public often when they are needed. Like, say, a large bank transfer:

147868151.brI7XgPz.PC121890.jpg

Here is a typical convoy. That is 6-8 army personell(some of which are off camera - many of which are noticing I am photographing them) armed with Steyr AUG's and body armor, and 4 armed 'Gardai'(as we call our police here), with MP5's and MP7's performing a bank transfer. The IRA and some gangs used to hit bank transfers and this is what it took to put an end to it. So, if there is a real emergency, they're likely capable of handling it.

Last edited:

mgr1

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I find it a bad thing. Because there are more and more home invasions and street robberys. Much more 14 y/o playing the gangsters, 16y/o Child that shoot somebody dead.

After a killing years ago in Belgium they changes the laws, after this the misery startend.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I find it a bad thing. Because there are more and more home invasions and street robberys. Much more 14 y/o playing the gangsters, 16y/o Child that shoot somebody dead.

After a killing years ago in Belgium they changes the laws, after this the misery startend.

We had a few cases here previously regarding home invasions. It all culminated in a law that allowed the home owner to take any necessary action they deemed reasonable. The problem I have with these laws, vs a castle law like Texas where a person criminally trespassing has 'no defense under the law', is the 'reasonable' part. Now, fortunately, our judges here are fairly reasonable themselves, and tend to be rather conservative. If someone with a history with the law enters your household, chances are your bat to his head isn't going to cause issues. But, that's the thing. Without a castle law, it is left to a bit of a chance. I mean, getting back to that 'resonable' part - how do I know what is reasonable since it isn't defined in the law. Judges and law makers say it means what you think is reasonable force to defend yourself. OK, so this makes several assumptions. Am I a reasonable person when someone enters my house and starts to attack me, or am I simply in a rage defending myself, and perhaps my life or the well beign of my family? Afterall, how am I meant to know what is in the mind of another person? This other person is obviously willing to break the law and enter my house, right? So they have a completely different mindset, and likely different idea of reasonable than I do. How can I know how much force they can enact upon my own person, and how am I, without any previous experience, to know how much force to use to repel them in a 'reasonable' manner? Granted - I have heard of defense attourneys using this exact defense in court to good effect. But, still, without something ingrained in the law, it makes it more difficult than I think it should be, and protects law abiding citizens less than it should do.

There's a few precedents: A farmer in Ireland, and one in the UK, were arrested and convicted ultimately of manslaughter for killing intruders with a firearm(shotguns). One did shoot an intruder in the back as he was tryin to escape. The UK shot them in his house. UK guy was out after 3 years. The Irish case, where the farmer actually messed with the crime scene moving the body he made, and had shot the man in the back and multiple other times(though he himself was attacked physically by the assailant), got 6 years for it. 6 years for the charge of murder - which makes you think...I dunno... might be worth it. ;) Had he not messed with the crime scene and made a false report, one judge said he might not have been convicted of the offense, and got manslaughter, and may have been released for time served up to the end of the trial.

But, as a Texan, I have my own approach. It is a lot easier to ask for the forgiveness of my peers later in court than it is to come back to life after some intruder has murdered me. I will always play for keeps if someone decides to enter my home. And I do have an American passport still...

Last edited:

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We had a few cases here previously regarding home invasions. It all culminated in a law that allowed the home owner to take any necessary action they deemed reasonable. The problem I have with these laws, vs a castle law like Texas where a person criminally trespassing has 'no defense under the law', is the 'reasonable' part. Now, fortunately, our judges here are fairly reasonable themselves, and tend to be rather conservative. If someone with a history with the law enters your household, chances are your bat to his head isn't going to cause issues. But, that's the thing. Without a castle law, it is left to a bit of a chance. I mean, getting back to that 'resonable' part - how do I know what is reasonable since it isn't defined in the law. Judges and law makers say it means what you think is reasonable force to defend yourself. OK, so this makes several assumptions. Am I a reasonable person when someone enters my house and starts to attack me, or am I simply in a rage defending myself, and perhaps my life or the well beign of my family? Afterall, how am I meant to know what is in the mind of another person? This other person is obviously willing to break the law and enter my house, right? So they have a completely different mindset, and likely different idea of reasonable than I do. How can I know how much force they can enact upon my own person, and how am I, without any previous experience, to know how much force to use to repel them in a 'reasonable' manner? Granted - I have heard of defense attourneys using this exact defense in court to good effect. But, still, without something ingrained in the law, it makes it more difficult than I think it should be, and protects law abiding citizens less than it should do.

There's a few precedents: A farmer in Ireland, and one in the UK, were arrested and convicted ultimately of manslaughter for killing intruders with a firearm(shotguns). One did shoot an intruder in the back as he was tryin to escape. The UK shot them in his house. UK guy was out after 3 years. The Irish case, where the farmer actually messed with the crime scene moving the body he made, and had shot the man in the back and multiple other times(though he himself was attacked physically by the assailant), got 6 years for it. 6 years for the charge of murder - which makes you think...I dunno... might be worth it. ;) Had he not messed with the crime scene and made a false report, one judge said he might not have been convicted of the offense, and got manslaughter, and may have been released for time served up to the end of the trial.

But, as a Texan, I have my own approach. It is a lot easier to ask for the forgiveness of my peers later in court than it is to come back to life after some intruder has murdered me. I will always play for keeps if someone decides to enter my home. And I do have an American passport still...

I don’t know that I could live in a place that didn’t explicitly say that I can use deadly force to defend my person and property. That said here in Texas you had better think twice about entering a residence that isn’t yours without permission especially at night. There is absolutely no duty to retreat nor warn an intruder before using deadly force in you domicile residence to stop an unlawful intruder. Most grand juries around here will return a “no bill” siding with the resident without a second thought. Very conservative state of affairs here.

mgr1

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats the difference in USA vs Europe. When we have a intruder in our house and we shoot with a legal gun, we go to jail. When the intruder aim with a weapon or shoot at you, than we can use our legal pistol and try not to shoot him dead. Or Else Its prison time.

This is Belgium

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t know that I could live in a place that didn’t explicitly say that I can use deadly force to defend my person and property. That said here in Texas you had better think twice about entering a residence that isn’t yours without permission especially at night. There is absolutely no duty to retreat nor warn an intruder before using deadly force in you domicile residence to stop an unlawful intruder. Most grand juries around here will return a “no bill” siding with the resident without a second thought. Very conservative state of affairs here.

That's assuming the DA even charges you and puts it in front of a grand jury.
An important precedent is the Joe Horn case in 2008. At first there were no charges. After they reviewed the 911 call(which, would likely horrify some Europeans as basically is the guy informing the opreator he is going to go kill two people, and then proceeds to go outside and shoot them as the call goes on to record it) then the case was presented to a Grand Jury, which eventually no billed Mr. Horn. So, yeah, don't mess with Texas.
Hell, I ran a meter reader out of my back yard in San Antonio once with a revolver because I was in a bad mood. Typical of Texas, after seeing my gun, he said 'I'm just here to read the meter'. I had to ask him to leave twice ;) And he was all, 'OKAY OKAY, Geez!'