Random Thought Of The Day

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Over the years I have back pain a few times, and I always blamed it on a pulled muscle also, and it always got better.

But this time it was just a little worse, and the MRI removed the BS I was telling myself.

When you start feeling better let me know, and I'll give you a real short exercise routine that will help strengthen your core and prevent this from happening again going forward.
Why keep it a secret, spill the beans for all to see.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK, and I generally stay in good shape also. I used to be able to grab a full breath of air and sink in the pool.

1) I start with leg lifts, 6" high and bring the knees to your chest. Then I keep the legs straight and go 90* up (vertical, or a little past). (I've currently worked up to 20 of each) with sneaker on. If you have trouble with it, do it w/o shoes at first.

2) I do knee bends. When my back was still in pain I put my hands on a high piece of furniture to help keep my back straight and not strain it. I don't need to do that now. 30 seems to be enough. (The hands on the furniture was my idea, but my PT guy loved it).

3) Stretch your back and neck (be careful with this until you are feeling better). I start by arching back as much as I can, then I stand facing away from the wall and turn my neck as far as I can one way, then the other. I do 3 sets.

4) I then do push ups - had to start slow because of an injured shoulder, but I'm currently doing 25-30. A few years ago I could do over 60.

5) I then do leg stretches. Hands on a waist high piece of furniture then one knee forward and bent, the other straight back, do a few sets.

That is it … no equipment required and only takes 5-10 minutes. I do them after I get up, with the TV on, on a carpeted floor.

My brother started doing the same routine after I told him about it, and we both agree it seems to help a lot. A good deal of this was developed with my PT guy.

Good Luck everyone, and Happy New Year … back pain sucks!

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
More quakes in Croatia yesterday, smaller ones than before but the already compromised houses/buildings took additional damage.
A cold weather front is anounced which will additionally make things hard for people that lost their houses.

If this first week is an indication of how 2021. will be it'd be best to get into a cryo tube and not get out of it till 2022.

Minor tremors in my area, my parents felt them, I did not.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK, and I generally stay in good shape also. I used to be able to grab a full breath of air and sink in the pool.

1) I start with leg lifts, 6" high and bring the knees to your chest. Then I keep the legs straight and go 90* up (vertical, or a little past). (I've currently worked up to 20 of each) with sneaker on. If you have trouble with it, do it w/o shoes at first.

2) I do knee bends. When my back was still in pain I put my hands on a high piece of furniture to help keep my back straight and not strain it. I don't need to do that now. 30 seems to be enough. (The hands on the furniture was my idea, but my PT guy loved it).

3) Stretch your back and neck (be careful with this until you are feeling better). I start by arching back as much as I can, then I stand facing away from the wall and turn my neck as far as I can one way, then the other. I do 3 sets.

4) I then do push ups - had to start slow because of an injured shoulder, but I'm currently doing 25-30. A few years ago I could do over 60.

5) I then do leg stretches. Hands on a waist high piece of furniture then one knee forward and bent, the other straight back, do a few sets.

That is it … no equipment required and only takes 5-10 minutes. I do them after I get up, with the TV on, on a carpeted floor.

My brother started doing the same routine after I told him about it, and we both agree it seems to help a lot. A good deal of this was developed with my PT guy.

Good Luck everyone, and Happy New Year … back pain sucks!
You denied Yourself the potential profit of selling 5-10 minute workout videos. :p

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oops found my problem stihlhead I’ve been drinking petrol:drink:

In all seriousness. I know there are a lot of comments about drinking on this platform. I've been sober a good while. I can't attribute one
positive thing in my life to alcohol. NOT 1. I'm not putting you down. From a guy that has had the wrong experiences, I must say its
something to think about. I was just kidding about the "sauce comment" -- but I'm dead serious about what I've said. I don't have
any right to look down on anyone -- I've been too far down for that. If anything I have to look up. That's always good.

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
2:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In all seriousness. I know there are a lot of comments about drinking on this platform. I've been sober a good while. I can't attribute one
positive thing in my life to alcohol. NOT 1. I'm not putting you down. From a guy that has had the wrong experiences, I must say its
something to think about. I was just kidding about the "sauce comment" -- but I'm dead serious about what I've said. I don't have
any right to look down on anyone -- I've been too far down for that. If anything I have to look up. That's always good.
I know you were joking. I’ve never been much of a drinker at all. I drink a few beers here and there and that’s it. I’m just naturally a goof ball and I talk too much, can’t really help it. (Covers face with cloak and slowly descends into darkness, realizing not a ninja now walk of shame).:sisi1

Catbuster

Roadbuilder Extraordinaire
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m a licensed engineer & own a mid-sized (I can play with the big boys in town if I consolidate on one job) civil/pipeline construction & excavating firm.

Why am I 12’ down in a hole wearing my muck boots yelling at the guy on the excavator and the four other guys while I try to fix a force main blowout?

Last edited:

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know you were joking. I’ve never been much of a drinker at all. I drink a few beers here and there and that’s it. I’m just naturally a goof ball and I talk too much, can’t really help it. (Covers face with cloak and slowly descends into darkness, realizing not a ninja now walk of shame).:sisi1

You do have a great sense of humor! And a vivid imagination. :coti:

Big1066ih

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone got time for a quick turnaround on a port job?