Random Thought Of The Day

Likesaws

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anybody run a double ended milling bar with a Husky powerhead on one end and a Stihl powerhead on the other? Is it just sacrilegious? Does it not work for some reason I wouldn't understand? Or would it cause some type of singularity to form that would destroy the mill, the operator, and everything else within a quarter mile radius as soon as the bar nuts are tightened?
:grazy:
I think it would work the saws don’t really know who’s on the other end but they both would enjoy the help.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did not want to take it, neighbor forced it upon me - 2-stroke mix fuel of unknown mix ratio.
I added oil into the right bottle, the left bottle is how they both were.
DSC02517.JPG

I added oil to both bottles and emptied them into my generic supermarket wheedwhacker - it will burn it no problem.
I did not like the looks of what floated inside one of those bottles though - yuck! :confused:
DSC02519.JPG DSC02520.JPG

I also got a bottle with "B&C oil" , it looked suspicions - something that is not oil was contaminating the content, possibly water.
I smeared it on some oak shelf boards, should protect against bugs.
DSC02523.JPG

Guy owns a Stihl 038AV, he wasn't able to buck up a 20"-ish log - I wonder in what condition that poor saw is.
He'll bring it over for me to sharpen his chain in a couple days.

Thought of the day:
Do not trust anyone when it comes to fuel mix for Your equipment!

Last edited:

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is there anything intelligent one can do with dull chainsaw files other than tossing them into the scrap bin? o_O

View attachment 242473
They can be ground into various shapes and used as de-burring knives, scrapers, etc.
many years ago, I ground the ends of them to de-burr new recoil rope pulleys, etc.

Use the chain grinder wheel and form a convex radius on the end.
You may find it works better to make several different ones so as to fit various things.
Think of a drill bit point, except the cutting edge is curved inwards by the shape of the chain grinder wheel radius.
Vary your angles a bit and you get a set tools to fit most of the funny spots where you need them.

Examples?
Places where ropes have worn a sharp edge sometimes need a bit of attention.
The hole where fuel lines press into fuel tanks is often another sharp spot that can cause cracks or splits.

After having a new recoil pulley/sheave cut the rope, I made up several of these tools.
Those die cast metal ones were notorious for having burrs or hard corners in the rope hole.
The hole needs to have a smooth radius (not corners) or you'll have a rope failure after a while.
Almost looks like the knot failed when the rope comes out.
Don't ignore a plastic pulleys either! It just cuts/breaks the rope little slower.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wait a little longer, global warming is doing it already.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I personally don't use PET bottles for fuel, don't really understand why other's do.

Those 0.5 liter Coke bottles got filled with moonshine.
Would be a shame to waste the containers, the fuel/oil mix only adds to the flavor. :p

I have seen You around on and off! :)

BTW, I am German. ;)

Cheers :beer-toast1: