Random Thought Of The Day

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
11:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Big difference between traveling in your own car and taking mass transit. I don't think the virus leaks out the windows!

I see people everywhere in their cars with windows rolled up with a mask on -- I'm not a doctor or medical professional. It seems overkill? Am I wrong to think that?

pavel408

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see people everywhere in their cars with windows rolled up with a mask on -- I'm not a doctor or medical professional. It seems overkill? Am I wrong to think that?

It is of course nonsense (unless you share your car with other people).
Your face mask protects people around you, because you (as possibly infected) do not spit droplets. Wearing it makes very good sense - but only in the shops etc. - generally among other people.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is of course nonsense (unless you share your car with other people).
Your face mask protects people around you, because you (as possibly infected) do not spit droplets. Wearing it makes very good sense - but only in the shops etc. - generally among other people.

I think this is worth repeating. A mask won't prevent you from CATCHING the disease. It stops/slows down your ability to GIVE the disease to someone else.

exCanuck

FartKnockerForum System Admin
GoldMember
Local time
10:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yep. we have 1 tiny little hospital that is basically just long term care at this point, very little in the way of acute care within an hour of here. frankfort goes from 1200 or so people to close to 10000 in the summer. if that chit happens here it could be a real mess. still no confirmed cases in the county.
Now that you've announced it, expect an influx of "tainted" New Yorkers.

exCanuck

FartKnockerForum System Admin
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Big difference between traveling in your own car and taking mass transit. I don't think the virus leaks out the windows!
Welp, you drive far nuff, you have to pump gas, eat, piss etc. and all along that way, you're spreading your "I Love NY" all around the f'ng country. #StayTheFuckAtHome

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welp, you drive far nuff, you have to pump gas, eat, piss etc. and all along that way, you're spreading your "I Love NY" all around the f'ng country. #StayTheFuckAtHome
QTLA

Exactly!!!!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I can fuel my truck locally (where I do anyway) and go up to my cabin and back w/o any pit stops, so what's your problem?

Besides, you are presuming I'm infected. You are also presuming we can stop this thing, we can't. We can only slow it down, and we have.

Sooner or later, you will be exposed. I'm still not convinced it is going to kill more people than the flu, and no one stayed at home to avoid the flu.

I take reasonable precautions, but I'm not going to stop living. When I fell like going to my cabin, I will, and no one will be infected as a result!

Life goes on. If you want to "shelter inside" 4 ever, go for it!

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A little bit of rain today, felt nice!

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"Whiskey is the gasoline that lights the fire that burns the bridge."

gurwald

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the most sober article I've read on covid-19, based on facts and statistics. If you are interested.
Politicians are only interested in saving their own skin and interests, and media want your $$$.