Random pics (that you took) thread...

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
1:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dodge ram quality weld rite here boys and girls. 3/4 of these parts today has crappy welds that will be on people trucks.
feb246bc6688d93c2a303609f7bd62d8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On a happier note..... myself being a Yamaha gearhead fan I've been following this carbon fiber mid engine sports car they developed 4 years ago.
Rumored to weigh under 2000 lbs, Gordon Murray design.
Yamaha decided to drop it and not get into car development.
I'm sure Honda is relieved.

View attachment 204584 View attachment 204585
Pretty sure they weren't too concerned with it.
Based on the exhaust it looks like it has an fj motor in it lol. Totally different market than most the Honda lineup from what I can see. It does look like a fun little ride though.

Meanwhile...
Is that Yamaha yellow :D.
Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 1.29.58 PM.png

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are ubiquitous in Europe. Everyone I know that has owned one has said the mileage is great, but it's the ability to park anywhere that makes them special. In many parallel parking places, you can just back in to the curb, and occasionally another micro car pulls in next to ya. I took this pic is so cal.

164995052.WQlNcdRf.DSC03095.jpg
I wonder how well they'd draft a tractor trailer? Slight down hill my cavalier in neutral gets braked a bit cause it's catching up to the rear bumper on that trailer. Speaking of mileage, if it had a manual, drafting across Illinois or Kansas flats might get up there.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder how well they'd draft a tractor trailer? Slight down hill my cavalier in neutral gets braked a bit cause it's catching up to the rear bumper on that trailer. Speaking of mileage, if it had a manual, drafting across Illinois or Kansas flats might get up there.
My harley averaged 45mpg. A buds smart car usually did 55,all city stop and go.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In my 2000 Honda Insight I found drafting behind most semis you need to be to close to catch a good draft, but behind an open drop deck trailer I could keep a safe distance that was also not bothersome to the driver with great results.
My harley averaged 45mpg. A buds smart car usually did 55,all city stop and go.
My insight had a lifetime average of 54.4, and I was never worried about it raining lol.
The previous owner had no idea how to drive the car, the LTA was going up with me driving it, but then the battery died so I was averaging about what he was with the battery. I still have it, but I think the engine seized. I need to get it going again, engines are everywhere for it because they don't normally die.
Here it is at the beginning of a tank and the end of the same tank.
I had more pics but they were all lost. There may be some on my computer, not sure.
Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 9.52.49 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 9.53.14 PM.png

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Placed some concrete for my dad, we had an inspector that hated the term pour concrete, he would always say you pour cement and place concrete! Lol CAC89712-0737-4B09-B985-4D5C50B1186C.jpegF76DC9CA-CA22-42F2-9959-775AE0432AD4.jpeg we put in zip stripes to control the crack, dad didn’t want groves!

and some random form my dads shopB0248FB8-4083-42D1-92ED-41E3C4758B58.jpegF4E722A6-AF5C-4084-B913-630BB07F54DA.jpeg CFCDD84C-06EE-4984-9652-3DB7D12869C3.jpeg

Last edited:

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In my 2000 Honda Insight I found drafting behind most semis you need to be to close to catch a good draft, but behind an open drop deck trailer I could keep a safe distance that was also not bothersome to the driver with great results.

My insight had a lifetime average of 54.4, and I was never worried about it raining lol.
The previous owner had no idea how to drive the car, the LTA was going up with me driving it, but then the battery died so I was averaging about what he was with the battery. I still have it, but I think the engine seized. I need to get it going again, engines are everywhere for it because they don't normally die.
I had more pics but they were all lost. There may be some on my computer, not sure.
View attachment 204656 View attachment 204657
Mythbusters did a show on drafting and proved your point, you have to be super close to a box trailer/truck to gain mpg...they didn’t do the flatbed!

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mythbusters did a show on drafting and proved your point, you have to be super close to a box trailer/truck to gain mpg...they didn’t do the flatbed!
It's also very unsafe, imagine I straddle a semi tire shell(gator in the trucking world) and I just happen to roll over it a little and send it into the air, or when I was hauling heavy and a recap besides it's had enough and peals :eek:. The other is you upset a driver and he decides to let you know it with a heavy tap on the breaks. Drivers don't like people following them closely now days because there are so many people who will ride right up on your tail while on the phone, no driver wants to have to constantly have to drive their truck and the car behind them, unfortunately it seems you end up driving for many other people on the road :confused:.
I never saw that episode, but I often disagree with the way they do their testing.
A standard flatbed didn't work, but a drop or a double drop trailer did. The other place I had a good time drafting was in the big cities such as Chicago with lots of other traffic, you could "surf" on the front of semis and get a good push, plus there were so many cars moving that it kept the air moving and my fuel economy would shoot over 100mpg, until traffic stopped, then it didn't:risas3:.

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In actual practice, by me, drafting around 100 feet back provides an improvement. Especially when the motor is off, in gear for assist in braking if needed. Come off clutch as needed. The vacuums help in braking is there til it's used up.
Shape of vehicle drafting has to make a difference. Only other vehicle I've done this is an old split windshield VW bus in high school. Got us back from Chicago without running out a fuel.
There is a turbulent area that smooths out as best area is reached a lil bit closer. Some truckers r ok with it others not

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In actual practice, by me, drafting around 100 feet back provides an improvement. Especially when the motor is off, in gear for assist in braking if needed. Come off clutch as needed. The vacuums help in braking is there til it's used up.
Shape of vehicle drafting has to make a difference. Only other vehicle I've done this is an old split windshield VW bus in high school. Got us back from Chicago without running out a fuel.
There is a turbulent area that smooths out as best area is reached a lil bit closer. Some truckers r ok with it others not
Ya I agree on certain vehicles, my pickup liked 75’ feet, and that was pushing it for safety, 50’ was inside the bubble and you could feel it, they had to test at a safe distance, and some of there tests aren’t the most accurate! Draft works but the closer the better!
Have you seen the bicycle work record, were they pedal in a bubble?

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 204656 View attachment 204657

That insight a hybrid uh?
Most SMarts are just petrol engines. They have like a 999cc petrol or diesel option. And a 1L turbo version.
They did a hybrid for a short time, tho. And an EV is available, but I haven't seen any here.
So, to be fair, my Harley did have half again more engine.
Smarts do surprisingly well in crash tests, mainly due to it basically being a small roll cage on wheels.

1200px-Smart_vending_machine_in_Shenyang.jpg