Local time
2:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These things are smaller than the cab on my mack dump truck I drive at work lol
973568d01d427b3557de2efa406b67a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

They are ubiquitous in Europe. Everyone I know that has owned one has said the mileage is great, but it's the ability to park anywhere that makes them special. In many parallel parking places, you can just back in to the curb, and occasionally another micro car pulls in next to ya. I took this pic is so cal.

164995052.WQlNcdRf.DSC03095.jpg

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are ubiquitous in Europe. Everyone I know that has owned one has said the mileage is great, but it's the ability to park anywhere that makes them special. In many parallel parking places, you can just back in to the curb, and occasionally another micro car pulls in next to ya. I took this pic is so cal.

164995052.WQlNcdRf.DSC03095.jpg
I actually think they are pretty cool, just doesn't serve any purpose for me. I see guit a few of them nowadays

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I actually think they are pretty cool, just doesn't serve any purpose for me. I see guit a few of them nowadays

Well, everything has it's market. Being in stupid traffic every day on a short-ish commute, and fighting for parking is a lot different than someone commuting 50-100 miles to work at 80mph not worried about parking.
The thing is, there are far more people living in urban areas than rural - so we'll expect to see more and more micro cars and EV's in the future.

Now here's my brush with fame regarding the Smart car. I was in Alamo Heights, San Antonio living in a bungalow behind a huge house at the time. Very city living by Texas standards. It is a very upscale area, and I saw a few Texan celebs. One day at the lights, I was sat there trying to fish out a fine Lucky Strike unfiltered cigarette from a fresh pack(they're toasted!) when a smart car pulled next to me. I had just spent two years in Ireland working, so was sort of surprised seeing one of these things in San Antonio. I motioned for the guy to roll his window down, it was 90* out and we both had our AC on. I made some small talk and the owner seemed mildly surprised I didn't give him a hard time for having a smart car in Texas. The light would be turning green soon, so I said, 'Well, good on ya for not buying some obscene Texan truck. Oh, and we love you in your films!' That's when Tommy Lee Jones nodded, and gave me a knowing smile. Turns out he owned a place not far from where I was. Poor dude must be exhausted having to deal with curious fans that spot him, tho. He seemed tired. That was back in, uh, 2009 if I recall.

I also just recalled I ran in to him while I was heading to Bill Millers BBQ. Man, I miss their fried chicken.

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.467...4!1skX23ywV9aSMHFDneh8HQRA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Last edited:

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s a lot of huskies! I haven’t run a ton of huskies I still have my 2100, and sold my 372, I got a 390 that’s going to take some work. I get more deals on Stihl stuff, because there are lots around! And they sell well! I want a 394/395 bad! Has some almost deals, but they all slipped through! I like some of the old big saws! Have an 090g with 66mm topend, homelite 750, 076, 2100cd, mac 797, 125 and some kart macs and have a good variety of Stihl
I like the 50-70cc huskys a lot, prefer the angled top handle which is why I also like the 7900/7910's, even many of the newer stihls have nicely angled top handles. For bucking duties I don't mind the straight bars, but I'm still more comfortable with the angle.
I don't have much use for the larger saws here and there aren't as many of the big older saws here as you have out there. Stihls are quite known here, but so are the huskys, when I say dolmar people look at me sideways o_O.
I have a lot of smaller stihls and I still have a ported 440 that was rebuilt from the bottom up, it's a nice runner, but not a show saw:risas3:.
Here she is tuned to 13.8.
14.5 here, dang close in my book. Things change a good bit with a longer bar though, but I have others I like to use for that.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last edited:

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
cool pics!

It’s been nasty here for a week! It been dumping rain and windy! I have been getting a little stir crazy! Been working on saws thou! Lol

Sorry too hear you’ve had a bit of snotty weather but we love too share this chit
Word rain had enough of this in Oct ha ha

ChipsFlyin

OPE Platinum Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Those look great.
Is that a normal harvest, seems like a lot per plant.
Already took 150 of the small ones and 60 red ones. Don't know I think it's been a good year for peppers. @PA Dan has a load also. We both did a bunch or organic stuff. I just kept piling on grass clippings. My bed is established. He went all out with establishing his new beds this year. Dan throw up a few of the pepper pics that you just texted me please.

ChipsFlyin

OPE Platinum Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well, everything has it's market. Being in stupid traffic every day on a short-ish commute, and fighting for parking is a lot different than someone commuting 50-100 miles to work at 80mph not worried about parking.
The thing is, there are far more people living in urban areas than rural - so we'll expect to see more and more micro cars and EV's in the future.

Now here's my brush with fame regarding the Smart car. I was in Alamo Heights, San Antonio living in a bungalow behind a huge house at the time. Very city living by Texas standards. It is a very upscale area, and I saw a few Texan celebs. One day at the lights, I was sat there trying to fish out a fine Lucky Strike unfiltered cigarette from a fresh pack(they're toasted!) when a smart car pulled next to me. I had just spent two years in Ireland working, so was sort of surprised seeing one of these things in San Antonio. I motioned for the guy to roll his window down, it was 90* out and we both had our AC on. I made some small talk and the owner seemed mildly surprised I didn't give him a hard time for having a smart car in Texas. The light would be turning green soon, so I said, 'Well, good on ya for not buying some obscene Texan truck. Oh, and we love you in your films!' That's when Tommy Lee Jones nodded, and gave me a knowing smile. Turns out he owned a place not far from where I was. Poor dude must be exhausted having to deal with curious fans that spot him, tho. He seemed tired. That was back in, uh, 2009 if I recall.

I also just recalled I ran in to him while I was heading to Bill Millers BBQ. Man, I miss their fried chicken.

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.467...4!1skX23ywV9aSMHFDneh8HQRA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192
Great story!