00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
24396673.ffarizona.jpg
Mythbusters did a show on drafting and proved your point, you have to be super close to a box trailer/truck to gain mpg...they didn’t do the flatbed!

WHen I had that brick of a Cadillac when I was a field engineer in Texas, I drafted on occasion just to see the difference. Work paid for gas, so it's nothing I really wanted to do to save money. I noticed big gains even if I were 100' back from the truck. But we were traveling 80mph, and it is windy in west Texas where I last did it out there on I10 or I20.

111175.znabile.JPG

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That insight a hybrid uh?
Most SMarts are just petrol engines. They have like a 999cc petrol or diesel option. And a 1L turbo version.
They did a hybrid for a short time, tho. And an EV is available, but I haven't seen any here.
So, to be fair, my Harley did have half again more engine.
Smarts do surprisingly well in crash tests, mainly due to it basically being a small roll cage on wheels.

1200px-Smart_vending_machine_in_Shenyang.jpg
That picture is cool, lools like a microwave lol.
Yes, hybrid with a vtec that was set up for fuel efficiency. If you could get it to stay in the vtec mode it would just sip the fuel. It was a great car to run to grand rapids for a part or to chase down a chainsaw or generator. When I did the math it was making me a little money having it around after the insurance and plates.
The car is almost all aluminum and then there are a few plastic panels like the front fenders iirc, there is some steel on it, but not much.
I have had many Hondas, my 95 civic hatchback with a 1.5 and a 5 speed averaged 38.56 mpgs over 8000 miles.
Interesting fact the digital readout on the insight for fuel economy was very accurate, most cars I call them lie o meters.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is anyone else have a message saying you uploaded.more then 10 pics this month and have to join tapatalk vp to have unlimited photo uploads?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Its been doing it to me for a couple weeks now

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not only is it a plug symbol, it is the 'ED' symbol.

So that means it's plug"ed" only lol.
I delivered all the drywall for the tail end of the construction at the LG chem plant, one of the places where those batteries are probably now made( 2:20 in the video). There was a lot of funny business with that plant, our previous president actually visited there. Wiki says they started battery production in 2013, which is not true as actual production did not start until way later, but that didn't work with all the "jobs that were started in those yrs" and reported to the public ;).
They received half the funding to build the huge plant from the government, but no worries it was only 303 mil, at least according to wiki and we all know everything they say is true!

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 12.15.00 AM.png

Picture from google maps of their tiny plant :eek:, much of it was multi level as well.
Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 12.23.46 AM.png

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
3:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kids and I were helping our aunt get the farm ready for selling. Lot of junk laying around. Already filled a big roll off bin. The tennants that were in ther befor used the barn and house basement as a dump. She is glad they are gone. View attachment 204805

You should buy the farm

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So that means it's plug"ed" only lol.
I delivered all the drywall for the tail end of the construction at the LG chem plant, one of the places where those batteries are probably now made( 2:20 in the video). There was a lot of funny business with that plant, our previous president actually visited there. Wiki says they started battery production in 2013, which is not true as actual production did not start until way later, but that didn't work with all the "jobs that were started in those yrs" and reported to the public ;).
They received half the funding to build the huge plant from the government, but no worries it was only 303 mil, at least according to wiki and we all know everything they say is true!

View attachment 204810

Picture from google maps of their tiny plant :eek:, much of it was multi level as well.
View attachment 204811

Coulda been worse. Ya coulda got a football stadium instead. It's stunning how much local governments will spend on those things, and most the money made goes in to a very few pockets.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Coulda been worse. Ya coulda got a football stadium instead. It's stunning how much local governments will spend on those things, and most the money made goes in to a very few pockets.
Right on, government is just big business for most involved.
Williams county Ohio government building.
Waiting on my wife and mil doing some shopping.
20191026_130437.jpg
Here's one I had to turn around for, booming metropolis of West Unity Oh the block wasn't too big though .
20191026_122136.jpg

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This link broke on my uncles tracktor today. Gonna just make a new one for it. Pretty simple little thing.
It conects the clutxh pedal to the cable. Looks like that white metal crap.
Save him a expensive service call.

Attachments

• 20191026_170757.jpg
    20191026_170757.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 15