High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Porting The NE346XP

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
11:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Just found this thread,good read and nice grinding Keith. I have only ported 1 346,it's mike Lee's that he left for me to play with. I can't remember exactly what it is but I think 104 122 78 I'm pretty sure about everything but the transfers.
It's running 13k in the wood here because Chris pa wanted to call me a liar but couldn't. Lol

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would also like to see some feedback on some long term testing. How well the ported saws have held up. See if they lost any compression or power. If so, how much. Things like that.
I don't expect anyone to pull their saws apart, just a little long term feedback. How well they stood up to a stock saw. Etc.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would also like to see some feedback on some long term testing. How well the ported saws have held up. See if they lost any compression or power. If so, how much. Things like that.
I don't expect anyone to pull their saws apart, just a little long term feedback. How well they stood up to a stock saw. Etc.
I have truck loads of 660's running in the woods here,used and abused and lasting just fine. I doubt they last as long on average as a stock one but who knows.
There not the play saws I do threads on,there more mild but not by much.
Generally they die from the operators brain quits working.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I send saws everywhere for real logging. I've had some saws fail after as little as 3 months, and some that live for many years. So much depends on the man pulling the trigger that it's hard to get feedback that truly pertains to the saw. I do see pro Stihl saws lasting longer in the woods than Huskys though.......

Zipping up my flame proof suit........NOW.

LMAO

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just found this thread,good read and nice grinding Keith. I have only ported 1 346,it's mike Lee's that he left for me to play with. I can't remember exactly what it is but I think 104 122 78 I'm pretty sure about everything but the transfers.
It's running 13k in the wood here because Chris pa wanted to call me a liar but couldn't. Lol
Thanks Jason

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 390XP in a box that suffered a crank failure. Three months in the woods as a falling saw. I have another 390XP that busted the cylinder flange after about a year. Then there was a MS461 the busted the jug after a year. Also a MS200T the broke the flange after several hundred hours of tree work. Saws fail.......

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I send saws everywhere for real logging. I've had some saws fail after as little as 3 months, and some that live for many years. So much depends
I have a 390XP in a box that suffered a crank failure. Three months in the woods as a falling saw. I have another 390XP that busted the cylinder flange after about a year. Then there was a MS461 the busted the jug after a year. Also a MS200T the broke the flange after several hundred hours of tree work. Saws fail.......
I've had 2 390's break the flange

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
12:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. True that. There are a lot of variables that come into play. Most always come back to the user.

Agreed. Modded saws need to be kept in tune more frequently. I've noticed this with my saws that were stock and are now running faster. I think stock saws are more forgiving to the absent minded user. How else could they have limiters on the jets and still have a saw last when it's being run in temps ranging from 20 to 90°F.?