Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
11:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mattyo it’s been brought to my attention that you were the one who got me the top end for my saw thank you so my I can’t tell you how much all of this support has meant you all are a great bunch.

I had help :) a few other guys were in on it...more than I was expecting. Yall know who yar....

All of a sudden I had random dudes offering to toss a few bux in the pot. Was really good of those guys.

Enjoy the saw!

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was told today by the Husqvarna regional rep that the 390 short block is already been taken away

Could be something to that as the system won't accept the part number and backorder it. Currently just says "not available". Have to wait an see where it goes.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's too bad you can't compost all that swarf Randy.
But we can.... at another bench.... with different things in mind. Swarf adds strength.

Sadly....these very same threads give the crooks a blueprint to build a few good runners too. Then.....the long cocking begins.
That's the main reason I don't post these sort of threads much anymore.
:-(

Larry Joe

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
That's what happens when these saws run over 13,200 too long. Too much RPM causes a vibration that loosens the jug bolts, and rattles the muffler apart.

The transfer inlet and the stroke I reckon is the most difference Lee.

395 on the left....

View attachment 223366

Larry Joe

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a 2188 that Randy built, bought it from Clint years ago. At 13,100- 13,200 rpm it will pull a 34" bar with full comp chain in oak all day long with authority ! It is my favorite felling saw for larger trees, and it has dropped many many tons of Eucalyptus . Like the name says they are truly outstanding "Worksaws".