u235

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just an FYI for lean running Dolmar/Makita 6100s after porting. After porting, my Makita 6100 ran well, but it was impossible to get enough fuel on the hi end. It ran good, but no matter how much the hi was opened it was a bit too lean. Saw the thread where mastermind drilled his seat out to increase fuel supply, so sice I have had good luck modding carbs I gave it a shot....well I screwed it up, never could get the needle to seat good enough after I drilled it. So I ordered 2 new carbs off of ebay for 28 bucks from China in case I screwed another one up drilling it. I will say that the carbs I received looked exactly like the one that came on the saw, I believe them to be genuine. The first one I put on just to see how it would run. It ran exactly like the one that came on my saw. Could not get quite enough fuel on the top end, other than that ran decent. This carb Had identical markings to the one that came on my saw.DM27A

jm8OFJM.jpg

jm8OFJM

view

Then I noticed the other one had different numbers on it....

DL2uhke.jpg

DL2uhke

view

In case you can not read it, it is DM27B. This carb started and ran with the settings it came with, had to open the low a half turn and also opened the Hi 3/4 of a turn and the saw was super pig rich on top. Had to adjust the Hi back to barely an 1/8 turn out from where it was set, and it is still a touch rich. This carb looks identical but clearly is jetted different. It now easily gets enough fuel with adjustment to spare. Thought this might help someone, and for 14 bucks shipped it is hard to beat. You may be able to request that model carb to be sent. PM me if you want the seller.

Thought this might help someone that does not want to modify the stock carb.

Had trouble linking the images so I gave up and uploaded them...sorry.

Attachments

• 20220409_142254.jpg
    20220409_142254.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220409_142241.jpg
    20220409_142241.jpg
    908.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: