Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
9:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Ole Amazon got after this order. Supposed to show up Monday, but showed up today.
This is a really nice kit I think. The multi tool thing isn't near as flimsy as I was expecting and the canvas roll is very good quality. Heck, even the pipe seems solid and is tight. Thanks for the recommendation @Woodpecker. 👍🏻
Of course I had to get the multi tool built into my lighter, just like my punch, cutter and torch lighter for cigars. Keeps things together.
View attachment 380642
Excellent! Glad it’s going to work out for you.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I stopped by Leaf Brothers to acquire some stogies on my way to the grandsons t-ball game. I acquired some stogies & a couple cans of pipe tobacco.

This stuff is pungent… WOW !!! It about knocked me out when I stuck my nose in it. My sister was with me & likes the smell of cigars & tobacco but it was way to much for her, she was chirping before I even got the can all the way open.
C59885BE-6FCA-44E8-B64D-D4E8CECEE519.jpeg

This stuff smells like a bottle of rum.

8DD63D58-B29C-4B8F-A321-BA38B1D52B97.jpeg

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Someone posted about that Spark Plug in this thread. Rum was my kryptonite 20 years ago. You'll have to let me know if the smell transfers to the taste.

I ordered a few blends to try from Missouri Meerschaum.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I stopped by Leaf Brothers to acquire some stogies on my way to the grandsons t-ball game. I acquired some stogies & a couple cans of pipe tobacco.

This stuff is pungent… WOW !!! It about knocked me out when I stuck my nose in it. My sister was with me & likes the smell of cigars & tobacco but it was way to much for her, she was chirping before I even got the can all the way open.
View attachment 380771

This stuff smells like a bottle of rum.

View attachment 380772
You got a couple of good ones there Jim. The Mississippi River in all its forms is one of my favorites. The orientals and Virginia come through as sweet and sour while the latikia gives it some bbq smoke. The spark plug is a good old fashioned English plug. You will need to cut that one with a knife. You could also chew it if you wanted.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been binge watching The Pipe Cottage while I was working today and yesterday.

It's something I notice about the cigar community and apparently the pipe community isn't much different (it seems there's a bit of crossover), but there's all sorts of folks, from all walks of life into both past times, and I like that. May not have much in common, but cigars or pipes, but it's enough it seems.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just got one of those saw vises last week. Thing is as handy as a pocket on a shirt. I'm glad I ponied up the money for one.
It’s super handy. I’ve had mine a bit now and idk how I got along without it before. I clean my saws every Friday and it’s nice to just hang them in the vise over a trash can.
I've been binge watching The Pipe Cottage while I was working today and yesterday.

It's something I notice about the cigar community and apparently the pipe community isn't much different (it seems there's a bit of crossover), but there's all sorts of folks, from all walks of life into both past times, and I like that. May not have much in common, but cigars or pipes, but it's enough it seems.
The pipe cottage is good content. It sounds like you’re well on your way in the right track.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s super handy. I’ve had mine a bit now and idk how I got along without it before. I clean my saws every Friday and it’s nice to just hang them in the vise over a trash can.

The pipe cottage is good content. It sounds like you’re well on your way in the right track.

I work from home, in my garage. So, that allows me to cover a ton of ground as far as videos, podcasts, or audiobooks goes. Which is a good thing for a thinking man.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I work from home, in my garage. So, that allows me to cover a ton of ground as far as videos, podcasts, or audiobooks goes. Which is a good thing for a thinking man.
The country squire has hundreds of podcast episodes. I listen while I’m at work climbing, dragging brush, feeding the chipper, etc…

Bomber tobacco too.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The country squire has hundreds of podcast episodes. I listen while I’m at work climbing, dragging brush, feeding the chipper, etc…

Bomber tobacco too.

I'll have to check that podcast out. I think I actually seen them on The Pipe Cottage channel. Alan sat down with them and chatted a bit.

I just looked at their site and holy smokes, their branded tobacco is frickin cheap and I love that you can buy in bulk. You're getting twice as much as the name brand tins, for the same price basically. Definitely gona have to order some from them.

Thanks for the link. 👍🏻

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What’s the skinny on these blends ?
It looks like you have a few aromatics there. I typically steer new pipe smokers away from those to start. The extra moisture from the topping/casing can make them difficult to smoke without tongue bite. When you do smoke them pay close attention to your puffing cadence and try the breath method in the muttonchop video I posted awhile back.

I’ve only had the white knight and Nightcap out of that group. It’s been awhile but I remember the Nightcap being a robust tasting English and not really an all day smoke. Don’t smoke it on an empty stomach. The white night is also an English but it has Turkish Yenidji in it which gave it a slightly bitter Club soda flavor in amongst the smoky bbq latikia and sweet Virginia. Both very nice blends.

In general I find the Hearth & Home offerings to be good quality budget friendly premium offerings. I don’t have any personal experience with the others on your list.

When looking to try new stuff I always refer to tobacccoreviews.com

Anything 3 stars and above has been pretty good in my experience, but just because it falls below that doesn’t mean it’s garbage either. Reviews by Jiminks, pipestud, StevieB among a few others are worth noting.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's my first Missouri Meerschaum order and some Plum Pudding I got off of CBid. Figured I'd just as well get a cob pipe too, BWC #10. Gona have my first smoke here in a bit, after supper.
IMG_20230610_174056_643.jpg