GoldMember
Local time
10:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
126B2E12-2983-482E-878A-7926BEC29248.jpeg

Having a personal favorite today after work. Rivendell from the country squire is an aromatic blend of black cavendish, Virginia, and burley. It’s a nutty earthy smoke with hints of coco and spicy grassy twang from the Virginia. Little to no tongue bite and tasty to the bottom of the bowl. Smoked in my rusticated Savinelli one. Anyone else a pipe smoker here?

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have dabbled with the pipe. My wife said she liked the way it smelled way better than the cigars. Had the Eileen's Dream, Captain Black, Peterson ,and a tobacco from Stokobyes. Seems to be not as expensive as the cigars
Yeah it’s definitely more economical than cigars. Unless you have a bunch of fancy pipes. Those can get crazy expensive.

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gave up on Briars about 30yrs ago, still a few Turkish Meerschaums hanging around but mostly Missouri cobs.
Cobs does not matter if they rattle around on the dash, stuffed in a pant pocket get dropped in the log pile or filled with sawdust I dont feel so bad at the end of the day.

Every day all day is my own blend of Black Cavendish, Vanilla, Burley and Bright Virgina.
Favorite is Scotties Trout Stream followed by Stanwell Extra fine.
Mac Barren 7Seas Regular or Black, the Cherry is ok but is still cherry if you know what I mean.

Will not smoke anything Latakia.🤬🥵:teeth:

Last edited:

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gave up on Briars about 30yrs ago, still a few Turkish Meerschaums hanging around but mostly Missouri cobs.
Cobs does not matter if they rattle around on the dash, stuffed in a pant pocket get dropped in the log pile or filled with sawdust I dont feel so bad at the end of the day.

Every day all day is my own blend of Black Cavendish, Vanilla, Burley and Bright Virgina.
Favorite is Scotties Trout Stream followed by Stanwell Extra fine.
Mac Barren 7Seas Regular or Black, the Cherry is ok but is still cherry if you know what I mean.

Will not smoke anything Latakia.🤬🥵:teeth:
I hear ya on the briars. I only smoke them at home. My truck pipes are all cobs. I like trout stream but I like bass pond better.

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im in a similar situation. I really wish I had my grandpa’s pipes.
I have a few of my grandfathers pipes mostly Medico and Dr Grabow and the like and one Meershaum my brother gifted for him while in port in Turkey courtesy the USN back in the mid 60s.

Bass Pond is something I was always tempted to try but never got around to yet!

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took advantage of a break in the rain and decided to do some grilling. Enjoying a bowl of Hunting Creek in one of my Missouri Meerschaum cobs. It’s an English aromatic crossover blend that’s woody, smoky, earthy, and nutty with a little bit of baked goods sweetness.
334FD6AD-EB6F-44DE-8FC4-BE719075A33A.jpeg
@41FanForLife to circle back to your question about the economy of pipe smoking vs. cigars. This bowl will smoke for over an hour at under a buck, and tastes as good as some of the finest cigars I’ve smoked.