Pipers sound off if you’re present

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep McClelland closed down many years ago now. While nothing will quite replace it, Shepards pie by the Country Squire is a fair comparison to frog Morton cellar. I actually think I like Shepards pie a little better, but without a sample of the frog to do a back to back it’s hard to say.

I was fortunate enough to have a few bowls of Frog Morton Cellar that a fellow pipe smoker shared out of his stash. It is what got me into English style blends. Sure wish I could get my hands on some I really liked it.
Perhaps at one of the chainsaw GTGs I have a can of Frog Morton and Cellar unopened and cellared since 2014.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Frog Morton in my favorite Savinelli 601 courtesy of @jakethesnake thanks Jake! Good all day light English blend. Honestly though I think for many this is a case of absence making the heart grow fonder. There are a few English blends that I actually like better. Hunting creek from the country squire comes immediately to mind.IMG_3005.jpegIMG_3006.jpeg

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@KS Plainsman here’s that Whitluck’s canvas pipe kit I was telling you about. I bought it just for the canvas roll but it had a pipe, pipe tool and pipe cleaners as well. I’ve recommended it to a few new pipe smokers now as I found the pipe isn’t too bad for a cheapy included in a 35 dollar kit. It’s ebony wood instead of Italian briar but for a first pipe it’s cheap enough that if you ruin it you aren’t really out much.

The roll itself is perfect for me to bring everything needed for my lunch time pipe. It fits 2 pocket jars, 2 pipes, a pipe tool, lighter, and some pipe cleaners. I could probably also make it work for a weekend trip if I brought tobacco separate. It’s made of heavy duty waxed canvas. It is Chineseium, and I really didn’t think it would be that great for the price, but after using it I expect it will last a long time. I bought this one off Amazon.IMG_3015.jpegIMG_3016.jpegIMG_3017.jpeg

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had Hearth and home’s blackhouse today at lunch courtesy of @jakethesnake. While classified as an English this one has some other characteristics going for it. Likely a result of the yenidje and Kentucky dark fired. I really like this blend! It’s Smokey/woody, and slightly brown sugar sweet with some floral incense/spice notes. English but different in a good way. Very good tobacco and I’ll be buying more! Thanks Jake.IMG_3018.jpeg

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@KS Plainsman here’s that Whitluck’s canvas pipe kit I was telling you about. I bought it just for the canvas roll but it had a pipe, pipe tool and pipe cleaners as well. I’ve recommended it to a few new pipe smokers now as I found the pipe isn’t too bad for a cheapy included in a 35 dollar kit. It’s ebony wood instead of Italian briar but for a first pipe it’s cheap enough that if you ruin it you aren’t really out much.

The roll itself is perfect for me to bring everything needed for my lunch time pipe. It fits 2 pocket jars, 2 pipes, a pipe tool, lighter, and some pipe cleaners. I could probably also make it work for a weekend trip if I brought tobacco separate. It’s made of heavy duty waxed canvas. It is Chineseium, and I really didn’t think it would be that great for the price, but after using it I expect it will last a long time. I bought this one off Amazon.View attachment 380457View attachment 380458View attachment 380459

That's the style of kits I saw on there, after you mentioned it. I wondered if it was gimmicky or not, because sometimes things on Amazon are that way. I'm gona pick one up. Thanks for your help Sir. 👍🏻. Gona have to look at getting a pocket jar as well.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's the style of kits I saw on there, after you mentioned it. I wondered if it was gimmicky or not, because sometimes things on Amazon are that way. I'm gona pick one up. Thanks for your help Sir. 👍🏻. Gona have to look at getting a pocket jar as well.
The Czech pipe tool is a knock off but works. A nail works too. It’s worth it for the canvas roll alone though. The fact that you’re getting a starter pipe is a bonus. The pipe cleaners are the soft style and there are probably only enough for a dozen bowls. You’ll want to order some bristle style cleaners. One reviewer stated that the stem of his pipe came very loose but if that happens you can just send it back to Amazon. Mine was fine and the pipe actually smoked pretty well. I pitched the screens in the trash. I’ve never seen such a thing for tobacco, and I’m not sure what you’d use them for. Overall it’s legit.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Czech pipe tool is a knock off but works. A nail works too. It’s worth it for the canvas roll alone though. The fact that you’re getting a starter pipe is a bonus. The pipe cleaners are the soft style and there are probably only enough for a dozen bowls. You’ll want to order some bristle style cleaners. One reviewer stated that the stem of his pipe came very loose but if that happens you can just send it back to Amazon. Mine was fine and the pipe actually smoked pretty well. I pitched the screens in the trash. I’ve never seen such a thing for tobacco, and I’m not sure what you’d use them for. Overall it’s legit.

Screens were another thing I saw and like the filters, I didn't know how necessary it was, or wasn't, with pipe tobacco.

That kit will get me going till I get things figured out. I borderline obsess, when getting into something, so I can upgrade as things progress.