High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

On today's episode of "its definitely broken"!

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
4:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn..... That usually doesn't happen on those. Sorry for your loss those 9.9-15's were darn good motors.

I'll find you a long block if you want to resurrect it. :headbang:

Steven
We actually just bought a 4 year old 15hp merc 4 stroke today.
Probably wouldn’t hurt to try and fix the old Johnson to have for a spare. The dead Johnson is a 1987 model, 15hp.
If you find a decent power head at a good price I’d likely be game for it. Thanks Steve.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of the two locking mechanisms wasn't doing too well today.
DSC03249.JPG DSC03250.JPG

Spring should be about 2" long, it broke in half about a year ago, now it broke in two more places.
On the first spring breakage we had no replacement at hand and just stretched half of the broken spring to twice its length.
Today we replaced the spring with a new one.
DSC03255.JPG

It is a mills Automatic Tool Changer (ATC) arm.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Heres my 372 xtorq i ripped into tonight. Looks like base gasket failure. Surface wasnt clean enough or i didnt let the hondabond setup before installing. Look at all the dirt on the side walls of the crank case...
Cylinder came off with ease. Couldnt get this saw to run right, idle would jump 1000rpm to high or it would fall on its face. Was driving me nuts, i never have taken off a carb and boot soo many times thinking it was the problem
1C671789-615B-4E23-A3F6-742722BF5939.jpeg 6168D243-98C9-43B0-8E75-2B31C6B00DFE.jpeg

HYPERSAWS

West coast cutter
Local time
1:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Heres my 372 xtorq i ripped into tonight. Looks like base gasket failure. Surface wasnt clean enough or i didnt let the hondabond setup before installing. Look at all the dirt on the side walls of the crank case...
Cylinder came off with ease. Couldnt get this saw to run right, idle would jump 1000rpm to high or it would fall on its face. Was driving me nuts, i never have taken off a carb and boot soo many times thinking it was the problem
View attachment 248178 View attachment 248179
Pressure vacuum test would have showed quickly

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pressure vacuum test would have showed quickly
Yes, it passed multiple times believe it or not a month prior to the serious running issues... i was having a hard time tuning it two weeks ago with the above described issues... between then and now maybe it failed? Maybe the base gasket was holding? Dirt got in there somehow. I should have done the test before i popped it tonight...

i have a new meteor OE piston/cyl on there not setting up. Ill be doing another pressure vacuum test tomorrow.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That stinks. Do you think there is anything to salvage from them?
The 200T I will buy and any others he is willing to part with over 80cc.
If he needs a full wrap for the 395... Howard sent me a bent 394 full wrap that can be straightened. It's not too bad at all. I have another here to fix it and match them up.

Just let me know ifn you need one out there. Not much else I could do.

Wish I had the scratch for that mmws 88 for sale here :-(

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 248178 View attachment 248179
I might be the "founding member" of the "I HATE HONDABOND" club...used yamabond for years then decided "everybody" says they're the same, so the Honda dealer is around the corner and the Yama dealer is down the street. Hondabond is poo. Stingy weak ass whiney crap. Brand new tube to the trash bin type crap

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I might be the "founding member" of the "I HATE HONDABOND" club...used yamabond for years then decided "everybody" says they're the same, so the Honda dealer is around the corner and the Yama dealer is down the street. Hondabond is poo. Stingy weak ass whiney crap. Brand new tube to the trash bin type crap
Crushing hondabonds been my HERO

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn, care to share your experiences? Clearly its let you down before.
I almost want to do a little project farm madness. Put multiple dots of it on some clean steel and wait for it to dry. Then attack it with gasoline, brake cleaner and carb cleaner and see how it holds up

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Damn, care to share your experiences? Clearly its let you down before.
I almost want to do a little project farm madness. Put multiple dots of it on some clean steel and wait for it to dry. Then attack it with gasoline, brake cleaner and carb cleaner and see how it holds up
I hasn't "failed" yet...
The stuff has the consistency of water and has some sort of a "tackifyer" that makes it stringy and impossible to "spread" without spider threading everywhere. *s-word gets over everything . Shirts- work desk -shoes -cranks spiderwebs everywhere. I'll send you mine if you want me to pull it out of the trash.

Last edited: