High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

On today's episode of "its definitely broken"!

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
2:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
1:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Boy to reef on the handle hard enough to break the tail, sooner or later that person will break the saw case between the bar studs. A is worse.
I think the guy was trying to straighten a bend on the tail of the bar and hit it too hard with a sledge hammer. I doubt the bar was mounted in the saw when it snapped.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think the guy was trying to straighten a bend on the tail of the bar and hit it too hard with a sledge hammer. I doubt the bar was mounted in the saw when it snapped.
I don't...
You've never seen the studs ripped out from using it as a pry bar. Ask around

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't...
You've never seen the studs ripped out from using it as a pry bar. Ask around.
Wow, I was unaware men did stuff like that with chainsaw bars and $1400 saws. This 36" bar was mounted on a Stihl 661C M-tronic. Of course, it wasn't his saw. It belonged to the boss.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brush cutter, clutch drum to shaft connection torn all out.
Cheap 100$ china made unit, engine still looks good has some blow by, 2 years old unit, warranty expired two months ago.

DSC03060.JPG DSC03061.JPG

I know of a recently died similar unit, scored piston and piston rings, no compression (will post pictures when I get my hands on it), shaft should be fine - I will try and assemble one working unit of the two.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Or the guy who wedged it out from the pinch had mammoth strength and the saw was really close to the log. The Pic above shows the saw body's damage but does not show what's left of the bar. The guy that caused the damage to the bar that I showed never talked about damage to the chain saw.

Last edited:

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
11:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's an 044 tank if any of you guys need it:

1ch2rw.jpg

It's brokeded

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
An interesting double failure last year from an MS 290 (1) Piston and (2) Intake boot. Both discovered at the same time during the top-end rebuild:
Stihl MS 290 Engine Failure.jpg
The piston threw a pin's circlip, which cause the deep scratches, but the rings are also shot. Not sure when or what caused the boot to get sliced up or whether it was a partial cause of it all. That was a surprise discovery.

MERR6267

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How the hell does stuff like this even happen.

It's not my stuff there, but I've been there. Lots of throttle, sometimes a bad tune, sometimes a driveline failure leads to an over-rev.
I once split my cast-iron transfer case in two: I was climbing a sand dune with my Jeep and my tires got some air over a whoop on the way up. I didn't let off the throttle, and when the tires dug in again there was a massive boom and some grinding. Shock-loading is not good for many things, but it sure is fun for a second.

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a call once to pick up a Camero that wouldn't start...
Put it on the hoist and the starter had removed itself,reinstalled it and started the car.Massive noise from the engine.
Long story short one cylinder looked like the one above,just the connecting rod bouncing around in the cylinder.
Owner was drunk coming home with the stereo cranked,never heard a thing he had done a 100 mile drive from the big city.
Fugn amazing how some engines will refuse to die.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Started off our vacation at the cottage with a bang. JB weld ain’t gonna fix this. I figure the bolt for the con rod cap backed out. I found the bolt all bent and smashed to sheet.View attachment 247592View attachment 247593

Damn..... That usually doesn't happen on those. Sorry for your loss those 9.9-15's were darn good motors.

I'll find you a long block if you want to resurrect it. :headbang:

Steven