OH MY GAWD, no TP to be had in town.

S Sidwell

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ammo, wow, we've got plenty. Folks are going nuts cause of the news blowing it all out of proportion. Heck, they never shut anything down for the virus that comes around every year and there's no cure for it and has killed more people. Me and my wife aren't all hyped up like some folks. We live in a good neighborhood and we try to help each other.

Steve on Tapatalk

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My though regarding the freezers:
all the additional freezers will collapse the electrical supply (if it doesn't crash on its own once employees stop going to work to begin with) and all the frozen goods will go bad.

In regards of toilet paper, I haven't purchased a single roll in weeks and I won't look into getting any anytime soon.

I did rush to town today to make an emergency purchase.
I bought anti flea/tick drops for my mom's pup - last evening my dad found a tick attached behind Heidi's ear.
She does wear an anti flea/tick collar, but it would seems it has lost its effect.
That is about the only emergency purchase I had to deal with.

While driving through town I was amazed by the sheer amount of cars with foreign licence plates.

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No TP and the power grid goes down.....no problem. Dining room chair with a hole cut in it, set in the back yard, or with a bucket under it. I would suggest a board attached to the front to prevent splash. I receive TP every day in the mailbox. You can read it first while doing your business, then crumple it up for a while to soften it up.

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There's hardly anything left around here. Even powdered milk and baby food is bought up. I went the other day to get off road for the tractors and non ethanol for the saws at our little mom n pop station in town and as I drove past get go, the place was packed

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure if its cause of this corona crap but our gas is dirt cheap. I did fill our three vehicles up. Not cause of the virus but to just save a few bucks.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll say I have plenty of projectiles to make sure what is mine stays mine unless I’m asked for said things.....
One of our station crews went to the store this morning, said it took over an hour to check out at the register lines.

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When fuel prices are down, my oil stocks are down. When fuel prices go up, my oil stocks go up. I win either way....Dammit. Sometimes you have to force it to win.

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll say I have plenty of projectiles to make sure what is mine stays mine unless I’m asked for said things.....
One of our station crews went to the store this morning, said it took over an hour to check out at the register lines.
Yeah this stuff is getting out of hand. There's been reports of fighting over stuff at stores. If i was a trucker that hauls these goods, I'd be on high alert and constantly aware. If they start to feel unsafe or start getting attacked and stop running, we're fuc#ed

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is whats going on a few towns over from me. People are damn near buying pallets of stuff right off the truck. This intersection right down the road from my closest walmart FB_IMG_1584206934214.jpg

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That sure does not look like a personal usage purchase, that looks like a profiteering attempt/scheme.

My mom went to town today, she was in two of our many local supermarkets, when she came home she said the shelves were picked clean.
I know for a fact that till yesterday everything was packed with goods.

I do not want to know what will happen when the s#it hits the fan.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure if its cause of this corona crap but our gas is dirt cheap. I did fill our three vehicles up. Not cause of the virus but to just save a few bucks.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
The price is so low because Russia and Saudi Arabia are having price wars on oil

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Listening to the radio earlier, I heard some economist saying that the virus is going to affect supply lines for all products in all regions of the country.
He suggested that people have a two month supply of ANYTHING they might need.
Think about what you buy in a 60 day period. It's 17% of what you buy over the course of a year.
Personally, I think the guy is full of *s-wordt.
This country is too strong to allow the situation to become completely unspooled.

The situation is bad enough as it is, without people like this idiot fueling the hysteria.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Maybe a two month supply of Beans, Rice and some pastas so the kids can have mac and cheese.

:D Al

sixonetonoffun

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Daughter got some at a hi vee today. I told her she oughta buy a lottery ticket. Another daughter dropped off some here so I'm set for a bit.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok folks I'm sure it's all in good fun. But the political police will be along soon if you claim any allegiance to a "normal thought process by which logic and commonsense prevails " now let's give it some time and keep calm... remember you will be much better served to turn OFF the news.