AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
5:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yer kiddin me. Fried bologna is a delicacie in this trailer park my friend. You dont know how many senior citizens I had to shove outta the way at Wal-Mart to get that..:aaaaa:
I bet you dont even like Spam, devilled ham, or potted meat.;)

Lol. My dogs love that stuff. I gave up eating the processed lips and bungholes years ago. I had a health scare and changed my ways...I tend to eat pretty healthy now.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
9:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't see any olive oil on your lettuce, Steve. Tell these fuggers to hurry up and lift the restrictions so I can ship you some. :)

...nor Greek seasoning or even feta cheese, let alone cukes, maters and black olives, if I can't have it all, I don't want it at all. Lol
Had to tough it out with with Hidden Valley Ranch dressing instead.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What's happening guys. Just getting my bags packed and ready to hit the road for another week out of town. Beautiful day here, sucks to have to spend it in the truck. The wife and I did sneak off for a quick 40 mile trip on the Harley.

You're going to have to show me how you do that, I was never able to sneak anywhere on my Harley. :motorino:

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You should post pics of your firewood machine.

@GCJenks204 Imo EVERYONE should have a kettle. Even if you decide on something expensive and shiny pick up a cheap used one.

I've had a few smokers and got rid of them all for the WSM. With a 22" you can down-size the coal usage with an 18" charcoal ring in the bottom. As long as you keep it out of the wind you can cook year-round on it. If you use the minion method with good coal eight hour cooks are do-able. I do butts overnight and just add more coal in the morning. I've catered small wedding receptions on that thing. Can't say enough.

There are some things I don't care for on coal, so a small gas unit is nice to have around too. I haven't had one around this place in two years though so I would certainly consider this optional.

Thanks for the input. With the proceeds of the sale of mom’s house in the bank account I know how the chance to “do it right”. I’ve needed to upgrade our grill for 3 or 4 years and have been “making do” with what we have.

Those Black Earth Grills are slick machine that do both gas or pellets. They are made by a local Hutterite Colony and should last a life time but $3000 is a bunch of doe.

The Primo’s seem like we’ll built and versatile machines. I’ve been watching a bunch of YouTube on the this morning. They aren’t cheap but I should be able to get it for dealer cost which really narrows the gap between it and a WSM.

I really hate not being able to go in to the local shops and talk to the guys about options. Maybe next week as things start to open up again.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Been focusing on the pup, she loves the car, day 2 so far no accidents.

got her up at 3AM for a pee break otherwise she slept thru the night in her kennel.

View attachment 238979

Cool rig. Good looking pup

Weekly Upstate
My beard gets caught in the rigging... hairs next.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the input. With the proceeds of the sale of mom’s house in the bank account I know how the chance to “do it right”. I’ve needed to upgrade our grill for 3 or 4 years and have been “making do” with what we have.

Those Black Earth Grills are slick machine that do both gas or pellets. They are made by a local Hutterite Colony and should last a life time but $3000 is a bunch of doe.

The Primo’s seem like we’ll built and versatile machines. I’ve been watching a bunch of YouTube on the this morning. They aren’t cheap but I should be able to get it for dealer cost which really narrows the gap between it and a WSM.

I really hate not being able to go in to the local shops and talk to the guys about options. Maybe next week as things start to open up again.
Spending more money won't make better food, it will look pretty though and make the cooking easier. Really though once you learn the prep and timing to cook on any grill or smoker it will be better. Once I produced good Q with long smokes on the old ECB I knew I could use anything. There are guys out there a lot better than me at it too, but it's the cook not the cooker...

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here’s a question for the group.

If you were buying a new BBQ what would you get? Gas grill / wood pellet / charcoal smoker?

I’ve only ever used a gas grill but am intrigued by others. As far as size, normally for 4 sometimes 6 maybe 8 max.

Ive lusted after one of these for a while but I am not sure the value is there...

https://blackearthgrills.com/
vpfja9900ew41.png

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spending more money won't make better food, it will look pretty though and make the cooking easier. Really though once you learn the prep and timing to cook on any grill or smoker it will be better. Once I produced good Q with long smokes on the old ECB I knew I could use anything. There are guys out there a lot better than me at it too, but it's the cook not the cooker...

I hear you.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. My dogs love that stuff. I gave up eating the processed lips and bungholes years ago. I had a health scare and changed my ways...I tend to eat pretty healthy now.
LOL!
Thats actually what the bologna is normally for. Our pups like a little mixed in with their dry food. Wife is out of town for a few, so I cheated and made myself a good "bad" sandwich.
Had to change my ways as well. Triglycerides got over 400. No bueno. Working it off today moving brush and doing yard work.

DuratecMan10

GFY! I'll never be straight !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Why I've always been a Husky fan @dall
591d241c152f5d5d24a199be03d4386f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why I've always been a Husky fan @dall
591d241c152f5d5d24a199be03d4386f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not chewing, he won't like her. I used to work with a guy from Bellevue(@Woodpecker will back me here it's like southern MI's little West Virgina)that told me he wouldn't have a woman that didn't chew tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.