LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We’re 20K plus workers at Robins. You can’t have that many folks stepping, walking all over each other...especially in the aircraft squadrons, machine shops, back shops. This would’ve killed hundreds out there, if not thousands by the time it’s all said and done...had they not shut the War Machine down.

It’s been an odd day today. When most all family was together at my sisters’ home when she passed, we were all together. I knew the next couple of days after we separate, it turns. I’m in the hurt locker now about it. I’ve seen and done some crazy *s-wordt in my travels, and my head gets *f-wordked up at times, but this has hurt me.

Damn. Sorry to hear that, I lost my sister to suicide. The hurt at the affects on my elderly parents never ends and every person deals with it different.
I went to the darkness in those years and it took over a decade to get my *s-word together.

Again sorry for your loss man.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn. Sorry to hear that, I lost my sister to suicide. The hurt at the affects on my elderly parents never ends and every person deals with it different.
I went to the darkness in those years and it took over a decade to get my *s-word together.

Again sorry for your loss man.
Thanks buddy. And sorry for you and your family’s loss and pain.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Roof was 2 foot centers and built cheaper than anything I've ever worked on. 2x4's as rafters 12'-6"" long. I wish we could have tore the whole roof apart and started from scratch. Not the way I would have designed it.
my moms house is built that way kinda. 2 foot centers, 2x4 and 2x6 rafters alternating. makes ya wanna slap that tightass that built it

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
4:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Roof was 2 foot centers and built cheaper than anything I've ever worked on. 2x4's as rafters 12'-6"" long. I wish we could have tore the whole roof apart and started from scratch. Not the way I would have designed it.

my moms house is built that way kinda. 2 foot centers, 2x4 and 2x6 rafters alternating. makes ya wanna slap that tightass that built it

Maybe we need our resident tight ass Framer @Mastermind to comment but what is the deal with the perpendicular 2x6’s (2x8’s) ?

Everything here is done with engineered trusses and we don’t see that with our framing.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
4:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everything here is done with engineered trusses and we don’t see that with our framing.

Trusses are relatively a new thing. Before I moved to Tennessee, I'd never seen a roof truss. We built everything with rafters. Another reason you see trusses rather than rafters these days is the skill it takes to build a proper roof has been mostly lost since the old timers have retired or passed on.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
12:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My XJ is creeping up on 200,000 been replacing stuff left and right lately. Drive shaft u joints are in the mail. Heater core is waiting for a rainy day as well as hooking up the new ac compressor. There's a whine coming from a pulley and one of the new axle u joints is clicking for some reason. Leaf springs need replaced, I'm sure there's more. Good times...

We don't want you getting spoiled by days off and what not, DJ. Lol. They all need work. I never thought I'd say it, but I'll take working on Asian car any day. These Jeeps ain't my favorite.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
12:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
3 jeep minimum to keep one jeep running
That's the law of nature.

I was just about to make this one of those 3 for somebody else. I was dead set on sending this thing to the junkyard a couple of times.

I stopped driving it because they wanted to charge me luxury tax on it. It would have cost me more than the damn thing is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.