They have dozens of jobs lined up but they
Won't come back to work
They literally don't have to step inside of anywhere or be around anyone
Just climb cut and install metal.
But they are riding out the extra pay from unemployment
But that doesn't last forever
They gave them a month off
So they had to start hiring new crew's.
I've talked to a lot of guys that said they riding the unemployment train as long as possible. But that don't put money in the pension and medical plans.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
10:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Two guy's i know have different metal roofing companies
High winds have caused a lot of damage
They have dozens of jobs lined up but they
Won't come back to work
They literally don't have to step inside of anywhere or be around anyone
Just climb cut and install metal.
But they are riding out the extra pay from unemployment
But that doesn't last forever
They gave them a month off
So they had to start hiring new crew's.

I've talked to a lot of guys that said they riding the unemployment train as long as possible. But that don't put money in the pension and medical plans.
The $600/week kicker has really sapped the urgency to go back to work for a lot of blue collar folks. I think it probably helped some but it nearly tripled the max weekly allowance for unemployment in MI.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The $600/week kicker has really sapped the urgency to go back to work for a lot of blue collar folks. I think it probably helped some but it nearly tripled the max weekly allowance for unemployment in MI.
i know some guys getting 1000 to 1200 a week right now
im bringing home almost 1500 a week for 60 hours
i dont think the extra was a good idea but im sure it will help some that needed it

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are literally the only jobs in the area
And they are giving them up
At normal unemployment they won't make much.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
freaky-epic-fails-car-accident-no-problem.gif

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i know some guys getting 1000 to 1200 a week right now
im bringing home almost 1500 a week for 60 hours
i dont think the extra was a good idea but im sure it will help some that needed it
I average 55 hours a week year round. While I'm off they're paying 32 hours/week and keeping all of our bene's. Four weeks was really fun, I got a lot done around here. This is the end of six and I'm getting antsy. I'm a saver and have no problem leaning it down so I'm not gonna be on the streets but eight weeks of making little to no progress towards long term goals is a little disappointing. No matter what the solutions proposed there's always gonna be people that fall through the cracks though.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are literally the only jobs in the area
And they are giving them up
At normal unemployment they won't make much.
right west virginia max unemployment is 424 a week but you have to make about 38000 the year before to get it

I average 55 hours a week year round. While I'm off they're paying 32 hours/week and keeping all of our bene's. Four weeks was really fun, I got a lot done around here. This is the end of six and I'm getting antsy. I'm a saver and have no problem leaning it down so I'm not gonna be on the streets but eight weeks of making little to no progress towards long term goals is a little disappointing. No matter what the solutions proposed there's always gonna be people that fall through the cracks though.
my first boilermaker job was on permit meaning i was the lowest class and first to get laid off the job and i got 14 weeks
now most outages are 6 to 8 weeks and no permit workers are used
starting next year though the outages will start being 12 weeks plus so that is a good thing i can bank more
i do things to keep myself somewhat busy when im off but also glad when outages start mostly to see the guys on the job and stay busy though by the end of the outage we are worn out from the long hours and the toll on our bodies

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
9:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Those that prepare to take care of themselves are the ones that get screwed in times like these. Others don’t save or prepare and someone comes along and looks after them. Almost makes you wonder if all the hard work and saving is worth it.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Neighbor he's a good guy who has over 600 acres
Of cattle farm was in the nursing home
For stroke recovery
Where the massive outbreak happened.
11 i know of have died
They moved him to a hospital trying to save him.
I hope the owner's and the jackson County health Department get what's coming to them.
They hid the case's for over two weeks
Sadly a couple who had been married over 60 year's died 3 hour's apart from the virus
They wouldn't let them be together at the end.
Around 100 case's patients and staff now.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those that prepare to take care of themselves are the ones that get screwed in times like these. Others don’t save or prepare and someone comes along and looks after them. Almost makes you wonder if all the hard work and saving is worth it.
My old man says the people that live off of handouts generationally have it harder no matter what it looks like. It sucks not humming along on saving and investing but it sure has been nice not doing without to pay bills.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The whole place seemed like a ghost town today.
We’re 20K plus workers at Robins. You can’t have that many folks stepping, walking all over each other...especially in the aircraft squadrons, machine shops, back shops. This would’ve killed hundreds out there, if not thousands by the time it’s all said and done...had they not shut the War Machine down.

Status
Not open for further replies.