Status
Not open for further replies.

DuratecMan10

GFY! I'll never be straight !!!
Local time
8:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Damn apartment below my daughter’s college apartment (second level) had a kitchen fire this morning...torched the kitchen pretty good before the fire department could get it out. Of course it filled their apartment slam full of smoke. She and her roomie don’t have to move...but it just goes to show how *s-wordt can get out of hand quick-like. I met the two gals about a year ago who have the apartment beneath them...complete knuckleheads and dumb as dirt would be an understatement. At least nobody was hurt.

Glad there were no injuries. Definitely scary how it can get out of hand quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of the first things I bought Kaitlyn and her roomie Camille when they started college years ago...two 10lb ABC Dry Chemical fire extinguishers. If memory serves correct I paid about $75 each for ‘em, they ain’t the cheapest things...but they’re worth their weight in gold when you need one. One of the first things I do when I go there and see them is check the gauges on both. They keep one in the pantry in the kitchen, the other stays visible in the upstairs hallway btwn their bedrooms. Neither extinguisher has had to be used to date and they’re both fully charged and ready if needed. Small price in the long run to pay that can make a helluva difference and buy folks valuable, needed time to get out of what could turn into a bad scene.

Last edited:

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Real lucky they are
Smoke does a lot of damage to electronics
Hopefully it didn't get to your kid's computer's and stuff.
Very lucky Dave...it could’ve gotten the whole damn complex in no time. Kaitlyn and Camille were in class taking finals so they were not there when it happened. And thank God there’s a fire station one block away from these apartment complexes. Could’ve turned into a *s-wordt deal real quick.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hope when it’s said and done and the apartment beneath is gutted and remodeled, they just forget to put a new stove/oven in it. Give their no common-sense, millennial asses a microwave only. One persons’ *f-wordk up can cost the world and a helluva lot of grief to a lot of people when living in townhouses and apartment complexes.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hope when it’s said and done and the apartment beneath is gutted and remodeled, they just forget to put a new stove/oven in it. Give their no common-sense, millennial asses a microwave only. One persons’ *f-wordk up can cost the world and a helluva lot of grief to a lot of people when living in townhouses and apartment complexes.
Probably not the best answer if they're that big of mouth breathers...
MeekAstonishingArkshell-size_restricted.gif

DuratecMan10

GFY! I'll never be straight !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Agree. Microwaves can be scary too, though. Personally all appliances, imo should be on a GFI. First sense of error, shut off. Glad you got those extinguishers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This fire deal was one of the reasons I championed from the get-go, my daughter and her roomie to rent a house off campus years ago when they started school. And I can hear every single word of the conversation played back in my head now...btwn Katie’s mother, Camille’s folks in Atlanta, and I. Reason we didn’t opt for it, the rental houses around Ga Southern University are crazy high a month. I’m talking double, even triple the apartment complex deals. Just wasn’t feasible to afford. *s-wordt like this opens your eyes quick, puts things into perspective. Katie and Camille both graduate end of next May...hopefully nothing like this happens again.

And I’ll add this...I’ve always toted 9 volt batteries and a four-foot step ladder with me when I visit them. I personally change the two smoke detector batteries every single time, regardless of visit frequency. I even go so far as to check the replacement batteries with a voltmeter before I set sail their way.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Renters insurance. College kids rarely get it. I saw a few kids lose everything. Unless Ma and Pa have deep pockets you're screwed.
Yep, looked into it years ago. It was damn near as high as their rent on a monthly basis, from what few companies even offered it. Insurance Co’s don’t like to take that gamble one bit when it comes to kids. A losing proposition.

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good evening guys,
Went to my dentist, started with a root filling, as feared gotta go on antibiotica since the damn infection had gone to my troat lymfes, anyway, except the price I'm in good mood, no pain! Next hour is on thursday.
Went for 1 hour spinning cycle, didnt expect it but got a new record - 950 calories.

Happy Birthday @ray benson & @David Young !!

HBD to Ray and David!

@ray benson @David Young Happy birthday fellas. Have a good one!!![emoji512][emoji511][emoji510][emoji3164]
Thanks guys. Grandkids coming over after school for pizza and cake.
Tor 1 hour cycling pretty impressive. Never tried to figure calories burned.

Status
Not open for further replies.