Not So Pro 3

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When we travel and I’ve never stayed in a place before I grind enough coffee for the duration, I take 3 kinds of coffee filters, my own cream, flavoring for the boss’s coffee (🤢) and my thermal mug

I forgot my mug this time around (👴) but discovered that my water bottle makes a dandy coffee cup

Keeps it nice and hot while I have a mornin chat with you scallywags

IMG_5107.jpeg

32 oz of coffee

Helz yeah

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
3:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When we travel and I’ve never stayed in a place before I grind enough coffee for the duration, I take 3 kinds of coffee filters, my own cream, flavoring for the boss’s coffee (🤢) and my thermal mug

I forgot my mug this time around (👴) but discovered that my water bottle makes a dandy coffee cup

Keeps it nice and hot while I have a mornin chat with you scallywags

View attachment 424318

32 oz of coffee

Helz yeah
My Yeti 30oz tumbler is my coffee mug by morning and water cup for the rest of the day. Rinse and repeat.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Yeti 30oz tumbler is my coffee mug by morning and water cup for the rest of the day. Rinse and repeat.
The kids got me probably the very same cup but I haven’t even washed it out yet

I’m a creature of habit but I’ll give it a go when we get back home

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just found out that IRA 410 sprint cars are racing tomorrow in Beaver Dam, WI. Gonna have to take some kids down to watch.

I've made the decision to head out that way tonight. Looks like it will be a good time, and more exciting for my boys than the roundy-round racing we get to watch in Slinger.

Let me know if you'd like to meet up. Would be nice to have a face to put with a username

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
10:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We have started tearing down my dilapidated barn today, pictures of the misery.
One thing is certain, I will never be unemployed! (even though I am disabled)
And, thank the gods that I have a skilled neighbor with an excavator, one of the district's best.

One of my neightbor’s excavator’s (he have 3 if not 4, all of them are Hitachi)
IMG_2011.jpeg

IMG_2012.jpeg

This part is my father's construction, built to be, solid work, 3 strong masonry columns inside to support the center of the roof supports. (
IMG_2009.jpeg

We leave this part as long as possible, when one is close to a road you can forget to build up if you remove the building, you need to build up walls quite quickly to avoid problems.
(but I will continue the wall, however,)
IMG_2010.jpeg

I have to manually shovel quite a bit here to get down into the foundation wall, we are going to remove the top layer of stone and build up a more solid wall
IMG_2013.jpeg

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
And, thank the gods that I have a skilled neighbor with an excavator, one of the district's best.

View attachment 424330

View attachment 424331

This part is my father's construction, built to be, solid work, 3 strong masonry columns inside to support the center of the roof supports. (
View attachment 424332

We leave this part as long as possible, when one is close to a road you can forget to build up if you remove the building, you need to build up walls quite quickly to avoid problems.
View attachment 424333

I have to manually shovel quite a bit here to get down into the foundation wall, we are going to remove the top layer of stone and build up a more solid wall
View attachment 424334

That is quite the project, Tor! Hope it goes as well as it can. I don't think I'd have it in me to undo my father's work... A neighbor with several excavators is a good person to be friendly with.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
4:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 424330

View attachment 424331

View attachment 424332

I have to manually shovel quite a bit here to get e foundation wall, we are going to remove the top layer of stone and build up a more solid wall
[ATTACH type="full"
Very well equipped excavator@Tor. I wish everyone used shovel and pic brackets. Most everyone over here throws them in the center of machine. And then they wonder why the inner swing circle seal fails! LOL. That's also some cool old gutter on that barn. Stainless or Aluminum? I assume stainless because it is not oxidized.

Boomhower

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 424330

View attachment 424331

View attachment 424332

View attachment 424333

View attachment 424334
Im looking at all the rocks that were laid in there probably by hand. We have it easy nowadays.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is quite the project, Tor! Hope it goes as well as it can. I don't think I'd have it in me to undo my father's work... A neighbor with several excavators is a good person to be friendly with.
I am not redoing my father's work, what he has done is rock solid, his barn ceiling could of course be higher, but he was very generous with the construction. He built his part in the 90s.
What I am going to tear down and build up is from 1924, and that part mostly contained hay bales that did not need as strong a structure as my father's.
That said, I'm going to build with oversized foundations just like he thought lol.

Yep, my neighbor is extremely skilled with the excavator, it's been his profession for well over 20 years now. He is the one who has the cultivation of my fields.
My father who is gone was also very skilled in the excavator, that was his profession from the age of 24 until he retired at the age of 65.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im looking at all the rocks that were laid in there probably by hand. We have it easy nowadays.
The guy who built most of the old buildings I have was a carpenter.
Young and family, bought the farm in 1902.
Lost his wife and child to tuberculosis, placed his son in a neighboring valley and traveled to the US to earn enough money to provide for them in the future.
Came back and built the house and farm building, and yep, these foundations were not easy to put in place. The foundation wall of my house he built has a double layer of stone.
The same guy lost his next wife to tuberculosis too.
That generation did not complain about what they had to go through to get the food on the table.

Boomhower

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The guy who built most of the old buildings I have was a carpenter.
Young and family, bought the farm in 1902.
Lost his wife and child to tuberculosis, placed his son in a neighboring valley and traveled to the US to earn enough money to provide for them in the future.
Came back and built the house and farm building, and yep, these foundations were not easy to put in place. The foundation wall of my house he built has a double layer of stone.
The same guy lost his next wife to tuberculosis too.
That generation did not complain about what they had to go through to get the food on the table.
I think the history of old homesteads is very interesting. I researched my place and looked the family up through ancestry.com

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think the history of old homesteads is very interesting. I researched my place and looked the family up through ancestry.com

I am also fascinated by the history that comes with a homestead's age. I grew up in a farmhouse that was built in 1880 and the barn and outbuildings went up in 1879 before the house. The barn had a bunkhouse in half of the upper level, where the family lived during home construction. My father has spent most of his life trying to maintain and restore all of it...