Not So Pro 3

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
12:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the history of old homesteads is very interesting. I researched my place and looked the family up through ancestry.com
So am I, I love reading statistics about which families lived on the various farms in this valley, and when they changed hands.
Was the transfer to a son, or were the farms split up which was very common, or were they sold out by the family.
I have come back to around 1750.

Boomhower

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am also fascinated by the history that comes with a homestead's age. I grew up in a farmhouse that was built in 1880 and the barn and outbuildings went up in 1879 before the house. The barn had a bunkhouse in half of the upper level, where the family lived during home construction. My father has spent most of his life trying to maintain and restore all of it...
Very cool to be able to live in an old historical house. The craftsmanship is hard to duplicate today.

Most of the buildings on our place had rotted down long before I came along. The people were poor and the houses were just barn tin shacks. Noone had lived here for 40-50 years so nature took over pretty quickly. Ive done some metal detecting and found old square nails and barb wire. Found a first year wheat peny too. Still hopeful ill find where they buried the gold and silver.

Boomhower

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So am I, I love reading statistics about which families lived on the various farms in this valley, and when they changed hands.
Was the transfer to a son, or were the farms split up which was very common, or were they sold out by the family.
I have come back to around 1750.
I know what you mean. Texas unfortunately is one of the fastest growing states so I see a lot of the larger ranches being busted up by money hungry kids.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am also fascinated by the history that comes with a homestead's age. I grew up in a farmhouse that was built in 1880 and the barn and outbuildings went up in 1879 before the house. The barn had a bunkhouse in half of the upper level, where the family lived during home construction. My father has spent most of his life trying to maintain and restore all of it...
There is a pair of sisters in my area who are dedicated to saving as many of the old barns from the 1930s “colony” era when large groups of Scandinavian settlers from the upper Midwest states came out to the Mat-Su valley to establish farms

Sadly many farmers are giving up and selling out and development is pushing the old farmsteads into oblivion

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
12:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know what you mean. Texas unfortunately is one of the fastest growing states so I see a lot of the larger ranches being busted up by money hungry kids.
In my country, development has gone both ways.
Most people can buy the farms in this valley as they are not considered viable enough.
There are two farms from this valley to the city that are full-time farms, and a full agricultural education is required to buy such farms according to the legislation.
Before, anyone could buy as long as they either farmed or rented it out on a 10-year contract, but the authorities have tightened up on that.

Something has been abandoned in this district as well, but you can perhaps see the most delightfully abandoned places further inland, only the foundation wall remains, where you can dream back how lovely it once was there.

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Lnk @Mastermind,@3browns
You'll understand...
Prolly the best Sound Quality CD I've EVER heard (I have a battery powered Pre/Dac).
He is a LEGEND in the Music Industry for good reason.
He was the Michael Jackson of his time.
View attachment 424395
Rolling Stone placed him at number 37 on its list of the "Greatest Artists of All Time" and number 13 on its list of the "100 Greatest Singers of All Time"

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You'll understand...
Prolly the best Sound Quality CD I've EVER heard (I have a battery powered Pre/Dac).
View attachment 424395
Roy was awesome, feel free to send that cd to me, you can put a 695 piston in the box to protect it. Lol

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You'll understand...
View attachment 424395
I used to be an audiophile but it’s been years and I certainly haven’t listened to any CDs that could even come close to vinyl

I didn’t know such a thing existed

I was going to say I’ll look for that CD so I can play it in my new car, but duh…

No CD player

It’s a Mark Levinson 21 speaker system and when I play music from my iPhone it sounds like a cement mixer

Guess I need some higher quality digital music