Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
2:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Harbor Freight gravity fed guns work well enough. As the old saying goes, "it's the Indian, not the arrow".
I did some looking at Astro Pneumatic last night. Just a bit higher than Harbor Freight but still about $100 for a gun. If they are like their other tools then they should work quite well. Have to decide on orifice size and find out if the needles are interchangeable.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Took a look at those real quick. Gravity feed start about $600 and the cups are extra it seems. Bit out of the question for a shade tree type jobber.
Harbor Freight gravity fed guns work well enough. As the old saying goes, "it's the Indian, not the arrow".
I was going to suggest Harbor Freight. I’ve heard a lot of good things about their “purple” spray gun. Some guys clean and reuse them, others buy and throw away and buy again… either way, I’ve seen paint jobs done with them, and they work great.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had the same Harbor Freight HVLP gravity feed gun for 18 years. I tried a Binks #7 a couple times, and it wasted way too much paint. So, definitely a +1 on the HF spray gun.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did some looking at Astro Pneumatic last night. Just a bit higher than Harbor Freight but still about $100 for a gun. If they are like their other tools then they should work quite well. Have to decide on orifice size and find out if the needles are interchangeable.
I bought a gravity gun from Temu....yes, 15.00 Temu gun. It came with three tip sets. So far, I'm impressed with it.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
3:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not yet Adam, have a couple weeks before it lands. I think the leading candidate is “Bad Medicine” (the creek we live on is called Medicine Creek). While Bon Jovi is far from my favourite we love the 80’s music in this house.
I like "Big Pharma"
Sonofabitch i ordered a customer return 395 and got thisView attachment 422722
It's never been started but i already have 365s
Wait...you mean the Chinese don't have their shït together?

Mornin' peeps.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I watched Reed Timmer last night Live, while he chased a tornado near Brainerd, MN for a while. Not sure if there were more than that one from those storms in MN..
Those storms that went through Brainerd, Nisswa and Crosslake are on a path that is 15-40 miles north of the out of town place.

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oldest had a mishap with the wife's van few days back and this reminded me I wanted to ask some questions. Local yokel wants almost 2k for ordering and painting a fender and bumper cover. Screw that, wish I was there to tell him to stick his quote. Anywho, what are the cool kids using now days in terms of equipment and paint. Got some projects I was hoping to be able to work on when I get to retire anyway and planned to have some time to do a bit more research. HVLP gravity gun I would assume. What will do for an occasional, non-professional, use? Going to make some calls to couple places to price out the parts, or straighten the fender and just get a bumper cover.
Sata is the be all, end all for good guns but for the occasional user, Harbor Freight guns can work fine. The Black Widow guns from HF are supposed to be on par with Sata. I shoot primer out of the mid-grade Harbor Freight HVLP gun. Primer is getting sanded back anyways so it doesn't have to look nice. I skip the cheapest purple guns because they come covered in cosmoline and they are harder to clean but they shoot paint just fine.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I watched Reed Timmer last night Live, while he chased a tornado near Brainerd, MN for a while. Not sure if there were more than that one from those storms in MN..
4 reported in the province last night, no structures hit. Need investigators to visit the sites in person to determine strength. More damage done but inch plus hail than the twisters. Best case scenario really, considering the warnings started in some areas around 2:30 and moved east until almost 9.
I like "Big Pharma"

Wait...you mean the Chinese don't have their shït together?

Mornin' peeps.
No.

The other musical reference name being tossed around is "Smile and Wave". A much better song,
. From that video you would never believe the lead singer was the same Hugh Dillon that starred in a Canadian cop show Flashpoint...

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sata is the be all, end all for good guns but for the occasional user, Harbor Freight guns can work fine. The Black Widow guns from HF are supposed to be on par with Sata. I shoot primer out of the mid-grade Harbor Freight HVLP gun. Primer is getting sanded back anyways so it doesn't have to look nice. I skip the cheapest purple guns because they come covered in cosmoline and they are harder to clean but they shoot paint just fine.
Could the parts from a paint gun be put in a UC cleaner for cleaning and degreasing? Or is that not recommended!

Last edited:

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
4 reported in the province last night, no structures hit. Need investigators to visit the sites in person to determine strength. More damage done but inch plus hail than the twisters. Best case scenario really, considering the warnings started in some areas around 2:30 and moved east until almost 9.

No.

The other musical reference name being tossed around is "Smile and Wave". A much better song,
. From that video you would never believe the lead singer was the same Hugh Dillon that starred in a Canadian cop show Flashpoint...

If your looking for a boat name, I say call it Huff N' Doback

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ease of cleaning....

That crappy Temu gun I got was a bear to completely disassemble because it was assembled with some sort of loctite. I got it apart and cleaned it after spraying urethane, and reused it. The next cleaning was easier....

Could the parts from a paint gun be put in a UC cleaner foe cleaning and degreasing? Or is that not recommended!

I've done it...

footstep

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning men, got back from the coast yesterday, and now it's back to reality, it was a good thing we got home when we did, we live on a cul de sac, and as we were pulling in I noticed our neighbors garage door open, she's the sweetest old lady ever like the neighborhood grandma, in her late 70's and on the heavy side, but sweet as he'll, she's lived in the neighborhood for 35 years, I looked in her garage and saw her on the floor, I jumped out of the car, scaring the crap out of my wife & kids, ran over to her, she fell & couldn't get up, she was on the ground for atleast 15 min what probably felt like hours to her, got her off the ground and inside, she was crying & glad we got home when we did, I was aswell, for a min I was regretting coming home, but after that I was glad we got there when we did.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning men, got back from the coast yesterday, and now it's back to reality, it was a good thing we got home when we did, we live on a cul de sac, and as we were pulling in I noticed our neighbors garage door open, she's the sweetest old lady ever like the neighborhood grandma, in her late 70's and on the heavy side, but sweet as he'll, she's lived in the neighborhood for 35 years, I looked in her garage and saw her on the floor, I jumped out of the car, scaring the crap out of my wife & kids, ran over to her, she fell & couldn't get up, she was on the ground for atleast 15 min what probably felt like hours to her, got her off the ground and inside, she was crying & glad we got home when we did, I was aswell, for a min I was regretting coming home, but after that I was glad we got there when we did.
I'm glad you showed up when you did. It could have been so much worse.

One of our neighbors passed away yesterday morning. She'd been sick and on dialysis for a long while....

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Could the parts from a paint gun be put in a UC cleaner for cleaning and degreasing? Or is that not recommended!
Absolutely.
Ease of cleaning....

That crappy Temu gun I got was a bear to completely disassemble because it was assembled with some sort of loctite. I got it apart and cleaned it after spraying urethane, and reused it. The next cleaning was easier....

I've done it...
Ease of cleaning is huge. The stainless $70 HF one is what I spray primer out of. Doesn't come coated in grease. I don't use the stock paint cups either. PITA to clean. I use the Spectrum cups and disposable liners. Basically a knock off of the 3M system.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

No.

How about "Loser of Firearms".

footstep

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Cerakote has some nice ones on there website, from 100- 350.00 the paasche hvlp is a great bang for the buck, I been cerakoting for a long time, I started with that one then moved up to the iwata lph80, there easy to clean and adjustable spray patern makes it nice for different angles.

Attachments

• 20231017_122816.jpg
    20231017_122816.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 6

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning, 46, cloudy, light rain, rinse and repeat for tomorrow, but Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be sunny and up to 70

In the meantime, moar coffee please...