Not So Pro 3

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm headed across the border on Tuesday but not sure I can pull the logistics together that quickly. Flying out of Fargo instead of through MSP this time, don't want another stranding in MSP like last June.
Don't worry about it.. And I'm not near Fargo anyway

I'm trying to put a trip north of the border on my calendar to visit some family this summer. And pick up in person. Maybe we'll add another day to get your way as well.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They definitely have limitations…
I've been confident in my welds with it as long as I vee grooved my material. That changed today. A sprocket I welded with in broke this morning, then this afternoon a tube I welded broke. Neither weld had good penetration. Grooved the parts out again, and welded them with the arc welder and a 7018 rod.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been confident in my welds with it as long as I vee grooved my material. That changed today. A sprocket I welded with in broke this morning, then this afternoon a tube I welded broke. Neither weld had good penetration. Grooved the parts out again, and welded them with the arc welder and a 7018 rod.
When I first started welding, I didn’t always take the time to prep the joint…usually ended up having to redo my work. If the material is thick enough to stick weld, I like to do a root pass with 6010 (usually 1/8”) and follow it up with a 7018. A 6011 will work in place of the 6010 if you don’t have a good DC welder.