beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
2:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I want someone to tell me if I'm outta line for this..it's been pissing me off for a while..

There's a dude that lives over the hill from me...he's kinda...strange..VERY socially awkward.

I watched him in the summer of 22' struggle to cut his grass with his ryobi electric mower..I felt bad for the guy, then one day I looked at his car and saw he had a disabled vet plate on his vehicle...I figured while I was cutting my own grass and the old lady by me I'd just do his while I was at it.

That dude not one single time ever even bothered to say thank you..not even a wave when he drove by..kinda like I owed him that.

I didn't do a half assed job either..trimmed..blew his walks and driveway off..like he paid a landscaper..I'm not saying the guy owes me anything..but Jesus Christ..the dude can't even say thanks...

Should I cut his grass this coming summer...
I’d continue. Maybe when he nukes the neighborhood he’ll spare you?

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
1:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I want someone to tell me if I'm outta line for this..it's been pissing me off for a while..

There's a dude that lives over the hill from me...he's kinda...strange..VERY socially awkward.

I watched him in the summer of 22' struggle to cut his grass with his ryobi electric mower..I felt bad for the guy, then one day I looked at his car and saw he had a disabled vet plate on his vehicle...I figured while I was cutting my own grass and the old lady by me I'd just do his while I was at it.

That dude not one single time ever even bothered to say thank you..not even a wave when he drove by..kinda like I owed him that.

I didn't do a half assed job either..trimmed..blew his walks and driveway off..like he paid a landscaper..I'm not saying the guy owes me anything..but Jesus Christ..the dude can't even say thanks...

In a similar scenario, I went out of my way one time a few years ago to cut a whole pickup load of wood for an elderly guy in our town that had an outdoor boiler, but didn’t have much wood going into winter, with cold weather forecasted. He had had some health trouble and I felt for him. When I knocked on the door to tell him I brought him a load of wood, I asked him how he was feeling and where I should stack it. He chuckled and said “I’m feeling great, I’ve just been too lazy to start cutting wood. I should probably get out there. You can stack it over there.”… I threw the wood off while my blood was boiling. I told my wife when I got home I wasn’t going to do that again, and I didn’t. He got his own wood each season after that until they sold the house last summer.

jasper89

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i use to mow a neighbors yard and he did that to me for a little bit until i quit doing his yard too
when it got almost knee high his story changed
You are doing a really nice thing for this guy. He should say thanks but I bet you did the grass to be a good guy, not necessarily to get a thank you.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I joined our SAL about 6 years ago now. Talking to the vets it’s really sad. Seems each vet deals with the war they served in differently. Our SAL group does an omelette breakfast from October to May. We donate to different groups in the area. We were donating money to the vets home and found out it goes into a general fund and they don’t see much of it come back. Next time we donated shirts socks underwear. The home has to limit what the guys get or the stuff ends up being sold on the web by the vets. It’s really a sad deal. Do what you feel is right Ryan. Don’t let it get to you.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You are doing a really nice thing for this guy. He should say thanks but I bet you did the grass to be a good guy, not necessarily to get a thank you.
it was because it didnt take long and i saw his mower was broke down
after it grew he said he was unable to because he had been put on oxygen so i went back to just mowing his yard and he paid someone to weedeat until he died a year or so later

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I joined our SAL about 6 years ago now. Talking to the vets it’s really sad. Seems each vet deals with the war they served in differently. Our SAL group does an omelette breakfast from October to May. We donate to different groups in the area. We were donating money to the vets home and found out it goes into a general fund and they don’t see much of it come back. Next time we donated shirts socks underwear. The home has to limit what the guys get or the stuff ends up being sold on the web by the vets. It’s really a sad deal. Do what you feel is right Ryan. Don’t let it get to you.

I'm gonna think about it..

He would take a few swipes with his mower and then put his hands on his knees and take a break for a while, sometimes he'd leave the mower in the middle of his yard overnight and it would take him 4 days to cut it all..

I didn't do it because I wanted paid or some kind of merit badge..I sincerely felt bad for the dude.

He looks to be about the desert storm age.

Thank you goes a long way with people...

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
so the cows name was sister in law ?
Half was for Glenda's sister, half is ours.
Go strike up a conversation with him. He might be ashamed that you felt that he had to have someone cut his grass.

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
3:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm gonna think about it..

He would take a few swipes with his mower and then put his hands on his knees and take a break for a while, sometimes he'd leave the mower in the middle of his yard overnight and it would take him 4 days to cut it all..

I didn't do it because I wanted paid or some kind of merit badge..I sincerely felt bad for the dude.

He looks to be about the desert storm age.

Thank you goes a long way with people...
I would just try to speak to him first, could just be a misunderstanding or he doesn’t even recognize you 🤷‍♂️ once you speak to him you’ll know if you wanna cut his grass for him again lol

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would just try to speak to him first, could just be a misunderstanding or he doesn’t even recognize you 🤷‍♂️ once you speak to him you’ll know if you wanna cut his grass for him again lol

One of his packages was on my porch one day so I walked down and knocked on his door and handed it to him and he mumbled a few words and shut the door...

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
it was because it didnt take long and i saw his mower was broke down
after it grew he said he was unable to because he had been put on oxygen so i went back to just mowing his yard and he paid someone to weedeat until he died a year or so later

It took me 15 minutes and him days...

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

No, you shouldn't. We are supposed to love thy neighbor, but not even a thanks? Fugg no. Let it get waist high, make him ask for help. You are a better men than I am for doing it the whole last year without a friendly wave or thanks.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No, you shouldn't. We are supposed to love thy neighbor, but not even a thanks? Fugg no. Let it get waist high, make him ask for help. You are a better men than I am for doing it the whole last year without a friendly wave or thanks.

I don't think it would take a whole lot of effort when he rides by in the summer and I'm out on the road to put his window down and say thanks...

But I've never been known to have any common sense...