Plastic member
Local time
9:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sycamore maples?
Yes, I guess so..
But they seed like crazy and grow like weeds then when you cut them down your just copicing them

But they are keeping sheep on the hill now, and they will eat the new shoots

From the web
Acer pseudoplatanus, known as the sycamore in the British Isles and as the sycamore maple in the United States,
IMG_6438.jpegIMG_6439.jpeg

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You bought a great snowblower. Those Ariens Deluxe models are top of the line, built solid, and are easy to use. I own an Ariens Deluxe 24” myself. At a store I worked at in my 20’s, we sold Toro and Ariens. Toro started implementing more plastic into their designs (chutes, controls, etc) while Ariens kept everything steel. At below 0F temps, I don’t want plastic breaking when I need the machine to do its job.
I read that about Toro blowers, and especially about their chute control joystick design. Overly complicated and too many inferior materials. I really appreciate they are made in the US as well, and up in snow country to boot

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
5:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, I guess so..
But they seed like crazy and grow like weeds then when you cut them down your just copicing them

But they are keeping sheep on the hill now, and they will eat the new shoots

From the web
Acer pseudoplatanus, known as the sycamore in the British Isles and as the sycamore maple in the United States,
View attachment 392903View attachment 392902
You got any close up pictures of a leaf or can get one? I got what I suspect is sycamore maple from trees in town almost looks like a red maple leaf but more leathery looking and more veins/stritations running parallel

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
3:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had a hell of a time getting any of the snow removal people to even return a call much less come out and give me an estimate on keeping the driveway cleared this winter

There are signs tacked on every other power pole so you would think they actually might want to work but apparently not

After one too many "maybe I can get out there by late October and maybe give you a price" I said fukk it and decided to go DIY

I did my research and came up with this

Lowes dropped it off yesterday

View attachment 392897View attachment 392898

We ran into the same crap with everything we needed to have done for the new house, window blinds, fencing, landscaping, dirt work, etc

I would make 7-8 calls or web contacts, I might get 2-3 responses, and maybe 1-2 would actually show up for an appointment THEY made to get info to give us an estimate

I am sick to death of people *b-wording about the economy, no work, underpaid, etc when there are companies on the verge of going under either from lack of help or just piss poor business practices

I just don't get it

I guess we need to figure out a way for millenials to build fences and do landscaping from home in their pajamas with a laptop...

Done
I have the same one from about 8 years ago. It’s needed 1 carb, 2 shear pins and tubes added to the tires in that time frame aside from oil changes etc. I would look at plastic/Teflon slides to replace those metal ones. Wouldn’t want to scratch up that new asphalt.

My dealer sells Ariens and Toro side by side and he told me to buy this one. Sure glad I did.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Someone in this thread has these items in their vehicle right now.
Guaranteed.
View attachment 392882
damn canadian id say
I have a pair of these gloves.
My wife got me them for Christmas.
View attachment 392888
2 for you one for her ?
Last of 8 groups in the shop for power saw safety training. Has been a interesting week and eye opening at the same time. Crazy to think that back in 1990 i was the same age and skill level as some of these kids. Plus GFY if necessary
damn id hope you learned by now lol
Don't make me have to teach another safety class @Loony661
lol ill be a student there for that class lol
I have had a hell of a time getting any of the snow removal people to even return a call much less come out and give me an estimate on keeping the driveway cleared this winter

There are signs tacked on every other power pole so you would think they actually might want to work but apparently not

After one too many "maybe I can get out there by late October and maybe give you a price" I said fukk it and decided to go DIY

I did my research and came up with this

Lowes dropped it off yesterday

View attachment 392897View attachment 392898

We ran into the same crap with everything we needed to have done for the new house, window blinds, fencing, landscaping, dirt work, etc

I would make 7-8 calls or web contacts, I might get 2-3 responses, and maybe 1-2 would actually show up for an appointment THEY made to get info to give us an estimate

I am sick to death of people *b-wording about the economy, no work, underpaid, etc when there are companies on the verge of going under either from lack of help or just piss poor business practices

I just don't get it

I guess we need to figure out a way for millenials to build fences and do landscaping from home in their pajamas with a laptop...

Done
they do

they get mommy and daddy do it for them lol
Good evening guys.
I ’ve been busy cutting sycamore 🤓 and I’m beat now.

Btw I found a sticker for someone here
😜
View attachment 392901
damn canadian
Are waste oil furnaces supposed to glow and spew out smoke like we just elected a new pope?

View attachment 392904

Asking for my service manager.
might be burning a little lean
add some gas to it lol

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the same one from about 8 years ago. It’s needed 1 carb, 2 shear pins and tubes added to the tires in that time frame aside from oil changes etc. I would look at plastic/Teflon slides to replace those metal ones. Wouldn’t want to scratch up that new asphalt.

My dealer sells Ariens and Toro side by side and he told me to buy this one. Sure glad I did.
Thanks for the tip, I will look into the slides

I watched a video where they added hard rubber wipers to the impeller to increase the distance it will throw

I think I’ll wait on that and see how it handles the shape and size of the parking area in front of the garage

The driveway itself is 15’ wide so that’s gonna be easy to blow it all away from the house and the parking is 35’ across and it’s supposed to chuck snow 50’ so if I start by the sidewalk and work left I should be good

Any and all help, tips, etc will be appreciated

I haven’t touched a snowblower since I rented one a couple of times in 89-90
57-Aerial BEV JWK_DJI_0082.jpeg

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You got any close up pictures of a leaf or can get one? I got what I suspect is sycamore maple from trees in town almost looks like a red maple leaf but more leathery looking and more veins/stritations running parallel
So this is 55 years ago but when we lived in Abilene Texas there was a tree they called a sycamore and it had these hard round seed thingy about the size of a ping pong ball that grew on a stem

We used to throw them at each other when dirt clods were in short supply

If you threw them hard enough against something hard they kind of exploded and the seeds went everywhere

Maybe it wasn’t really a sycamore

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
9:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeh I can get a pic or a few for you tomorrow

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
3:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the tip, I will look into the slides

I watched a video where they added hard rubber wipers to the impeller to increase the distance it will throw

I think I’ll wait on that and see how it handles the shape and size of the parking area in front of the garage

The driveway itself is 15’ wide so that’s gonna be easy to blow it all away from the house and the parking is 35’ across and it’s supposed to chuck snow 50’ so if I start by the sidewalk and work left I should be good

Any and all help, tips, etc will be appreciated

I haven’t touched a snowblower since I rented one a couple of times in 89-90
View attachment 392909
You’ll get the hang of it quickly. Piece of cake!

41FanForLife

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are waste oil furnaces supposed to glow and spew out smoke like we just elected a new pope?

View attachment 392904

Asking for my service manager.
Prolly just the needs the high speed jet tweaked in the carb. I'm sure you can handle that wif all them fancy tools you got.

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went to the junkyard and picked up a new rear subframe for the Grandpa Buick. Came off of an Impala... same difference. Paid a whopping $37. I did some quick spot blasting to clean it up and brushed a coat of POR-15 on it. The existing rear subframe on the car is getting thin; when I lifted the car up last week to fix the fuel lines, the center crushed in like a Coke can. I'll probably order new lateral links and trailing arms and replace those as well.
20231010_200342.jpg
20231011_193949.jpg

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
9:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went to the junkyard and picked up a new rear subframe for the Grandpa Buick. Came off of an Impala... same difference. Paid a whopping $37. I did some quick spot blasting to clean it up and brushed a coat of POR-15 on it. The existing rear subframe on the car is getting thin; when I lifted the car up last week to fix the fuel lines, the center crushed in like a Coke can. I'll probably order new lateral links and trailing arms and replace those as well.
View attachment 392923
View attachment 392925
I'd move.