Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
5:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With the rain happening here at any time now, it’s a garage work day. I recently acquired a table saw, planer, and miter saw from my Grandpa’s estate, now that he moved into assisted living. First project: turning this band mill cut cedar into lumber I can use to make a replacement bench/buddy seat in the skidder. The original bench has seen better days..
IMG_8156.jpeg
IMG_8157.jpeg
I haven’t worked with wood much since high school shop classes, with the exception of a coat hook or 2, or simple stuff like that. I always enjoyed working with wood, and now having these power tools, I feel this is going to be a wonderful way to use those skills again and save some $$ in the process.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With the rain happening here at any time now, it’s a garage work day. I recently acquired a table saw, planer, and miter saw from my Grandpa’s estate, now that he moved into assisted living. First project: turning this band mill cut cedar into lumber I can use to make a replacement bench/buddy seat in the skidder. The original bench has seen better days..
View attachment 392889
View attachment 392890
I haven’t worked with wood much since high school shop classes, with the exception of a coat hook or 2, or simple stuff like that. I always enjoyed working with wood, and now having these power tools, I feel this is going to be a wonderful way to use those skills again and save some $$ in the process.
Keep your fingers away from the blades.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had a hell of a time getting any of the snow removal people to even return a call much less come out and give me an estimate on keeping the driveway cleared this winter

There are signs tacked on every other power pole so you would think they actually might want to work but apparently not

After one too many "maybe I can get out there by late October and maybe give you a price" I said fukk it and decided to go DIY

I did my research and came up with this

Lowes dropped it off yesterday

IMG_4121.jpegIMG_4115.jpeg

We ran into the same crap with everything we needed to have done for the new house, window blinds, fencing, landscaping, dirt work, etc

I would make 7-8 calls or web contacts, I might get 2-3 responses, and maybe 1-2 would actually show up for an appointment THEY made to get info to give us an estimate

I am sick to death of people *b-wording about the economy, no work, underpaid, etc when there are companies on the verge of going under either from lack of help or just piss poor business practices

I just don't get it

I guess we need to figure out a way for millenials to build fences and do landscaping from home in their pajamas with a laptop...

Done

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had a hell of a time getting any of the snow removal people to even return a call much less come out and give me an estimate on keeping the driveway cleared this winter

There are signs tacked on every other power pole so you would think they actually might want to work but apparently not

After one too many "maybe I can get out there by late October and maybe give you a price" I said fukk it and decided to go DIY

I did my research and came up with this

Lowes dropped it off yesterday

View attachment 392897View attachment 392898

We ran into the same crap with everything we needed to have done for the new house, window blinds, fencing, landscaping, dirt work, etc

I would make 7-8 calls or web contacts, I might get 2-3 responses, and maybe 1-2 would actually show up for an appointment THEY made to get info to give us an estimate

I am sick to death of people *b-wording about the economy, no work, underpaid, etc when there are companies on the verge of going under either from lack of help or just piss poor business practices

I just don't get it

I guess we need to figure out a way for millenials to build fences and do landscaping from home in their pajamas with a laptop...

Done
You bought a great snowblower. Those Ariens Deluxe models are top of the line, built solid, and are easy to use. I own an Ariens Deluxe 24” myself. At a store I worked at in my 20’s, we sold Toro and Ariens. Toro started implementing more plastic into their designs (chutes, controls, etc) while Ariens kept everything steel. At below 0F temps, I don’t want plastic breaking when I need the machine to do its job.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag