Not So Pro 3

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
9:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You should look for a 13 Regal with the 2.0 turbo. Can even get them awd.
They scoot pretty good.
Brembo brakes are expensive though.
I've had an idea in my head to take a Lacrosse, swap a supercharged 3800 Series III from a Grand Prix GT into it, take the brakes and sway bars from a 9C1 Impala, and have a snappy beater/sleeper made from junkyard parts. I don't know if it'll ever happen, but I like the idea.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
8:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cabelas sucks since Bass Pro took over. Should have gone to Scheels.
We have a Scheels halfway between home and Cabela’s.. We both like Scheels more, better selection and variety. Better prices too. We were burning “points” fron our Cabela’s cards this weekend.

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For whatever reason, deer activity is usually better in the morning by me.
I didn't feel like fumbling around putting in the tethers in the dark because I hadn't put them in my stands yet.
Still plenty of pics on the cameras and I'll start my days off in a couple weeks, so eventually I should see something.
I have been seeing deer on my camera in the early evenings. Don't want to field dress then process in the dark. Can't hang here yet due to temps. So I am waiting until muzzleloader season which starts next Saturday if I am not mistaken. Will double check to be sure, and I am on call this week.

What bow is that Ed?

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We have a Scheels halfway between home and Cabela’s.. We both like Scheels more, better selection and variety. Better prices too. We were burning “points” fron our Cabela’s cards this weekend.

Never heard of Scheels before. Just looked they have a few out this way, I might check them out. I not a big fan boy of Cabelas either. They are OK but very pricey.

My favorite outdoor camping & fishing store is Jax. They have 5 or 6 stores in CO and one in WY. If I need outdoor supplies I like going there first. Just because of the huge selection and variety of brands.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never heard of Scheels before. Just looked they have a few out this way, I might check them out. I not a big fan boy of Cabelas either. They are OK but very pricey.

My favorite outdoor camping & fishing store is Jax. They have 5 or 6 stores in CO and one in WY. If I need outdoor supplies I like going there first. Just because of the huge selection and variety of brands.
Not sure how well they still train, but I know a few years back Scheels would spend time training their workers in their department to actually know something about the products. Got a friend that was in the gun business at the time and he would have to travel around to the stores to train their employees. I was looking at some shoes and explained what it was I wanted and the employee was able to go to the back and find a clearance pair in my size. Knowledge of product in retail is not that common anymore. Used to go to the Cabelas just about 40 minutes south of here until Bass Pro bought them out. Wish they would get some Fleet Farms in this area.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure how well they still train, but I know a few years back Scheels would spend time training their workers in their department to actually know something about the products. Got a friend that was in the gun business at the time and he would have to travel around to the stores to train their employees. I was looking at some shoes and explained what it was I wanted and the employee was able to go to the back and find a clearance pair in my size. Knowledge of product in retail is not that common anymore. Used to go to the Cabelas just about 40 minutes south of here until Bass Pro bought them out. Wish they would get some Fleet Farms in this area.

Yeah some people at cabelas are not helpful at all, others really know the stuff in their departments, depends who's on shift that day. I asked someone a few questions at cabelas last year about a cot. Guy told me, if you have a smart phone look it up on youtube we have vidoes there that will answer your questions about setup & features, and he walked away. I was like WTF.

Another thing I like about Jax is, it's still owned & operated by the same family that started it back in the late 50's. It's not some huge multi company conglomerate. Jax's has multiple locations but they're still ran by the main founders. The stores are big enough they have things setup, like tents and cots, etc, so you can get your hands on them see the features first hand likes & dislikes. Instead most things at cabelas your just stuck looking at pictures on a box. Life size displays of tents are nice. Plus they don't have everything labled or branded as Jax, they have all the major brands, very little is branded.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Scheels is my favourite store in the US. I spent 12 years in the sporting goods industry and their staff are incredibly well trained. I also appreciate the Employee Owned aspect of their business model.