Yearly GoldMember
Local time
4:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey @timg

That came off snarky but that wasn’t my intent

I was doing my fall lawn fertilizer and lime and watering and my multitasking skills suck

Put me on the naughty list

View attachment 391949
Question: why did you put both lime and fertilizer down at the same time? Soil typically needs one or the other to balance, as lime tames the soil after too much fertilizer and vice-versa.. Did you apply lime to some areas and fertilizer to others?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to hear lineman. Still in our thoughts and prayers. Those procedures have become normal protocol. I'm sure all will be good. For now you keep your head in the game up on them poles. Got it!!
This. All of it.

Fella got killed today on my daughter's boyfriend's framing crew. Crane got into the powerline while he was holding the cable. Bad deal. Killed him instantly.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This. All of it.

Fella got killed today on my daughter's boyfriend's framing crew. Crane got into the powerline while he was holding the cable. Bad deal. Killed him instantly.
Electricity is no joke. Always made me nervous whenever I was aloft doing tree work..

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Question: why did you put both lime and fertilizer down at the same time? Soil typically needs one or the other to balance, as lime tames the soil after too much fertilizer and vice-versa.. Did you apply lime to some areas and fertilizer to others?
I was following the instructions of the Hydroseeding folks as well as the lawn and garden company that makes the grass seed mix they use up here as well as the fertilizer

Soil up here tends strongly towards acidity so the lime

The fertilizer is a fall blend

I’m flying blind here so if my lawn explodes it’s not my fault

Lime 3 times a year is kind of the standard from what I’ve learned

Feel free to school me

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was following the instructions of the Hydroseeding folks as well as the lawn and garden company that makes the grass seed mix they use up here as well as the fertilizer

Soil up here tends strongly towards acidity so the lime

The fertilizer is a fall blend

I’m flying blind here so if my lawn explodes it’s not my fault

Lime 3 times a year is kind of the standard from what I’ve learned

Feel free to school me
No schooling from me, as I can only compare to our soil here and my experiences. Sounds like you have solid advice to follow. Just seems odd to me to put both down..

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_4066.png

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No schooling from me, as I can only compare to our soil here and my experiences. Sounds like you have solid advice to follow. Just seems odd to me to put both down..
They even sell them together as a “kit”
IMG_4067.png

I guess just a difference in soil

The Hydroseeding guys hauled in 15 dump trucks of topsoil because the building lot was 90% rocks and zero fertile dirt, basically a glacial moraine

They spread it 4-5” deep and drug it good before they sprayed the Hydroseeding

Image 8-22-23 at 5.40 AM.jpegImage 8-22-23 at 5.40 AM.jpeg