Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
4:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get what your saying

I am out of my element here so hopefully these folks know what they are talking about

I guess I will know next May
It’s shouldn’t kill the grass, you just may not see any benefit while at the same time spending the money hoping it will work. BUT, as you said, only time will tell. I hope that it works out for you.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You need a hobby. Have you thought about chainsaws?
Every hunting season I'm asked about some *B-S.... caliber I don't even hunt anymore.
But I sometimes run my friends range.
To get ready for hunting season
I talked to my local gun shop they can't hardly sell 6.5s or ammo and don't take trade in's not effective enough on deer they say.
A deer processing place won't take deer shot with creedmor's because the bullets explode and leave fragments in the meat that
tear up the slicer's.
IMG_20231003_161518.jpg
IMG_20231003_102304.jpg
Who cares about saws I've got a lifetime supply IMG_20231003_164811.jpg
And I work on saws and trimmers about every day for people
Here's stihl ultra in a Husqvarna 223l

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I get what your saying

I am out of my element here so hopefully these folks know what they are talking about

I guess I will know next May
I've found that lime helps keep the ph down a bit with large snow deposits. I have issues along the city street side and along the driveway where depths are generally deeper and packed. IME, snow will raise ph 1 to 1.5 point over the course of the winter.

I could see the fertilizer now and then just before the snow that starts the yearly accumulation adding the lime, IMO.

Around the homestead, we put down a batch of fall fertilizer, and a couple weeks later some lite lime, and usually broadcast spread another batch of lime in the spring around those perimeter spots as soon as the snow is melted.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Because it was so over hyped. You would think because of all the positive article touting it as 200% better at everything than anything ever was, would get some pushback from other cartridge owners. It is a good cartridge, but there are many that also do what it does. Most are just sick of hearing about it. So it gets made fun of. There really isn't anything new ballistically that doesn't already exist. Imagine being a gun rag journalist and have to make something seem interesting every month, when it is not.

So they fire up the hype train, one side says less filling, the other side says tastes great. No such thing as bad press, anything that keeps people talking about something, keeps it relevant. At least in the marketing world, and at budlight....
For the record, I believe that was Miller lite....😁
Seriously though, youre absolutely rigjt.
Just marketing hype for somethimg new.
If you need a rifle to shoot fairly flat and cover a decent distance of more than 100 yards, a .308 Winchester will do that.
You just need to study the ballistics and learn your rifle enough to be able to do that reliably.

I started out hunting deer with a 30-30 bolt action Stephens rifle that a friend loaned to my dad.
Then he bought me a used Remington 742 Woodsmaster in 30-06.

I believe its more important to teach the younger ones what and how to use than specifics of the tool.

More importantly, the responsibility of a firearm, and the personal weight it puts on one to have the right to take a life.

I believe if more kids were taught this, they would know NOT to take a gun to school ...

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Every hunting season I'm asked about some *B-S.... caliber I don't even hunt anymore.
But I sometimes run my friends range.
To get ready for hunting season
I talked to my local gun shop they can't hardly sell 6.5s or ammo and don't take trade in's not effective enough on deer they say.
A deer processing place won't take deer shot with creedmor's because the bullets explode and leave fragments in the meat that
tear up the slicer's.
View attachment 391961
View attachment 391966
Who cares about saws I've got a lifetime supply View attachment 391967
And I work on saws and trimmers about every day for people
Here's stihl ultra in a Husqvarna 223l
I like that 1010S stuck in there with the Orange Pushups Dave.

How do you like it?

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Worked on writing a lab report on voltage and capacitance most of the day and just got back from the funeral home for my aunt. It wasn't as hard for me as it was for her kids and grandkids and my other aunts. Saw a few people who I was glad to see and plenty who I would've preferred not to. Par for the course I suppose.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've found that lime helps keep the ph down a bit with large snow deposits. I have issues along the city street side and along the driveway where depths are generally deeper and packed. IME, snow will raise ph 1 to 1.5 point over the course of the winter.

I could see the fertilizer now and then just before the snow that starts the yearly accumulation adding the lime, IMO.

Around the homestead, we put down a batch of fall fertilizer, and a couple weeks later some lite lime, and usually broadcast spread another batch of lime in the spring around those perimeter spots as soon as the snow is melted.
So the simplest explanation to me is if the soil is already acidic and adding fertilizer makes it even more acidic then the lime brings the acid level back down to a tolerable level

I get you methodology here and your timing as well

I think I might talk to the agricultural extension folks and see what someone without an agenda to sell me something says

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Mastermind

Hey Randy, the boss is curious about something

What would be a fair price per pound of hanging weight for a half a cow, assuming good quality in your neck of the woods?
I really don't know. I sell a half of a steer each year to my sister in law for 1 buck a lb. She pays for the processing.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, so they couldn’t do the stents so my Dad needs a quadruple bypass. Not what we wanted to hear.
That sucks, but its really the best thing.
My grandpa had quadruple bypass surgery back in 1983.
It was a whole different thing back then.
Nowadays, its fairly commonplace, and they have a *s-wordton more experience with it.
Just understand from HIS side of it that it DRASTICALLY changes things.
Its a pretty radical surgery.
Be prepared for him to act a little different initially.

I know Dallas had the same thing done recently, and maybe he didnt get much sympathy from some of us....
But hes a slacker.😁

Believe me Dall, I have seen what you have gone through. I understand...

And youre still a slacker.:stick::cool:

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Worked on writing a lab report on voltage and capacitance most of the day and just got back from the funeral home for my aunt. It wasn't as hard for me as it was for her kids and grandkids and my other aunts. Saw a few people who I was glad to see and plenty who I would've preferred not to. Par for the course I suppose.
ex girlfriend/cousins?

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That sucks, but its really the best thing.
My grandpa had quadruple bypass surgery back in 1983.
It was a whole different thing back then.
Nowadays, its fairly commonplace, and they have a *s-wordton more experience with it.
Just understand from HIS side of it that it DRASTICALLY changes things.
Its a pretty radical surgery.
Be prepared for him to act a little different initially.

I know Dallas had the same thing done recently, and maybe he didnt get much sympathy from some of us....
But hes a slacker.😁

Believe me Dall, I have seen what you have gone through. I understand...

And youre still a slacker.:stick::cool:
you are right
they say some after surgery get depression and anger issues
id say probably because you go nuts not able to do much for yourself

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’ll do it. Cooks you from the inside out.
Yep.
Bad deal.
Guy I grew up with was a licensed electrician like me.
Worked with the same company since he graduated high school.
July 3rd 2010 he was working a shutdown job in a GA Power substation.
He was a foreman. Finishing up. Switchgear was tagged dead.
They went in without their GA Power contact to buzz it that morning. (Main cause of the accident, he broke protocols)
Just had to put on dead fronts. He couldnt get the tabs to swing out right, so he backed into the switchgear to see what was up, and had another guy set the dead front.
Needless to say, it WASNT dead.
He backed into the phases(got close enough to arc over).
Cooked him. Most of the damage on his back, but blood poisoning is what gets you from the tissue destruction. That cooked meat wont support blood flow, as its dead tissue. He lived about 10 days, but never regained consciousness. Brain probably sustained critical damage during the initial hit as well.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
See if this helps or makes it worse Joe.
Voltage is the size of the bucket you fill with water.
Current is how fast you can dump it on Dallas' head...😁
Reactance is how fast he can kick you in the sack.
Impedance is how hard you are laughing while trying to run away....
And capacitance is how hard he saves up to kick you in the sack next time he sees you.😂