Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
11:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are still one of the cheapest options for insurance and if price and not service is what matters people will continue to get their insurance there

If you look at "best of" lists on major financial websites they usually say that USAA banking is a joke and go elsewhere, but, they almost always rate USAA Insurance as about the best you can get

I have no idea what their metric for ratings are but I am sure price is pretty high on the list

If I could talk my wife into changing all her direct deposits to our new bank I would completely close all my USAA banking but she hates doing stuff like that because it's all federal government and they make everything as hard as they can

I left a token amount in savings there as well as our checking but the rest went to a new bank and USAA didn't even flinch

I don't know what it would take, dollar wise, to get their attention
Individually none of us will affect how a company operates. It will take many doing the same thing to cause any change. We are all small potatoes in the financial world. Word of mouth and education are the only ways I know of. Many are just too complacent and will take the easy route for everything.

We now have monopolies or virtual monopolies in most retail sectors. Media is all owned by just a few. Banks are almost all under a few umbrellas. Anything that really matters is controlled. Try finding certain books any more. Libraries have been sifted of things we don't want the public to read. No need to burn books, when you just remove ones you don't want in circulation. Even used book retailers will not put certain books back on the shelf.

Freedom is now just a word we are supposed to use to describe the United States. None of us are free, we just have the illusion of it.

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
11:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning all, hope everyone got some sleep last night.. my wife bought a new comforter for our bed, and I am now too hot. Even with the ceiling fan on. So we tried window open. The dog loved that, and so did I when she woke me at 2:30 barking. Probably an attack by the bunny hoards. She apparently repelled that attack. So close the window I did. I hate being hot!

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
10:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good Morning / Evening All. Had a coyote sprint across the road about 50 ft in front of us today, then others dining the wounded animal song to try and entice Thea into the woods. She knows not to leave my side and we enjoyed the wonderful dark. Sky full of stars and the northern skyline pulsing with the Aurora Borealis.

Not sure what is up with the site software but only able to post pics from the laptop version, not iPad or iPhone (using Chrome browser latest version updated a week ago). If I could remember my password maybe I would try a different browser. @exCanuck

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like your decision to use treated vertical posts under the floor in ground contact. Would of liked to see your carpentry skills in that transition.
That part I built in the mid 90s. The 6x6s, and all the floor framing is built with ground contact treated. The skirt around the floor, and decking is hemlock.

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
12:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Individually none of us will affect how a company operates. It will take many doing the same thing to cause any change. We are all small potatoes in the financial world. Word of mouth and education are the only ways I know of. Many are just too complacent and will take the easy route for everything.

We now have monopolies or virtual monopolies in most retail sectors. Media is all owned by just a few. Banks are almost all under a few umbrellas. Anything that really matters is controlled. Try finding certain books any more. Libraries have been sifted of things we don't want the public to read. No need to burn books, when you just remove ones you don't want in circulation. Even used book retailers will not put certain books back on the shelf.

Freedom is now just a word we are supposed to use to describe the United States. None of us are free, we just have the illusion of it.
Come to Canada for freedom we use the best freedom…

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The two posts at the bottom of the steps are white oak set in cement. I don't know how long they will last, but I hope I live long enough to find out.
Are you going to stain the Hemlock with something to seal it once you’re done?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you going to stain the Hemlock with something to seal it once you’re done?
Yes. Not sure what at this point. The siding on the house is slate gray/blue solid/semi transparent stain. I used that so I could caulk under it. The trim is charcoal. I'd like to use an oil based stain on what I'm doing now, but finding something that sorta matches the rest of the place might be tricky.