Local time
1:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We have been with USAA since 1987

They USED TO BE awesome

They have gone to only paying for generic parts instead of OEM

It wasn’t that long ago we had a $250 deductible but now it’s $1,000 or the premium more than doubles

Out of control
Boy I could tell you about my experience with the new USAA. Been with them since 1987. Looking at other options because DAMM

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All insurance is a bet, they are getting that you pay the premiums and never need the insurance. The problem is they have actuarial tables telling them how much to charge and they can depend on X profits. You don't have that! We have been without health insurance for 9 years now. Our family premiums were $12k+ per year with a certain out of pocket maximum. Potentially we could have had to pay up to $24k in any calendar year if something happened.

HSA's have rules where the money you put in can only be used for medical expenses as well as other things which I did not like. We decided to put $12k a year into a savings type account that does earn something, yet allows us penalty free use of it. We put the money away after taxes. So far we have not needed it, and it continues to be available. Going to start diverting the future savings into something else. We both have portfolios and 401k's, as well as Roth's.

Inflation has us rethinking some things. We planned for 5% annual inflation, but lately it has been much higher.

Homeowners insurance is just another scam that we do not participate in. No mortgage makes this an option, but we keep our yard clear of fuel should a fire come to town. Yes we are gambling, but so is everyone else. By paying premiums, you are just betting on red instead of black.

It will not change, no legislation is going to be passed reigning in insurance companies. Nor are any politicians going to fix anything. They will take from someone for something, to Garner favor with someone else, all the while blaming xyz for it not working. We are all on our own on this. I have no answers, just pointing out reality in a depressing way.

Sorry for the long winded rant, it is not political. Your party, whomever that is, will not be making any effort on anything that would directly benefit the American people. They will make sound bites to keep the sheep distracted.

Hope everyone has had a nice day. Randy, @Mastermind, feel free to delete this if you need to. Thanks for letting me get it off my chest. I feel better now.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All insurance is a bet, they are getting that you pay the premiums and never need the insurance. The problem is they have actuarial tables telling them how much to charge and they can depend on X profits. You don't have that! We have been without health insurance for 9 years now. Our family premiums were $12k+ per year with a certain out of pocket maximum. Potentially we could have had to pay up to $24k in any calendar year if something happened.

HSA's have rules where the money you put in can only be used for medical expenses as well as other things which I did not like. We decided to put $12k a year into a savings type account that does earn something, yet allows us penalty free use of it. We put the money away after taxes. So far we have not needed it, and it continues to be available. Going to start diverting the future savings into something else. We both have portfolios and 401k's, as well as Roth's.

Inflation has us rethinking some things. We planned for 5% annual inflation, but lately it has been much higher.

Homeowners insurance is just another scam that we do not participate in. No mortgage makes this an option, but we keep our yard clear of fuel should a fire come to town. Yes we are gambling, but so is everyone else. By paying premiums, you are just betting on red instead of black.

It will not change, no legislation is going to be passed reigning in insurance companies. Nor are any politicians going to fix anything. They will take from someone for something, to Garner favor with someone else, all the while blaming xyz for it not working. We are all on our own on this. I have no answers, just pointing out reality in a depressing way.

Sorry for the long winded rant, it is not political. Your party, whomever that is, will not be making any effort on anything that would directly benefit the American people. They will make sound bites to keep the sheep distracted.

Hope everyone has had a nice day. Randy, @Mastermind, feel free to delete this if you need to. Thanks for letting me get it off my chest. I feel better now.
If you need a hug
Jason likes hugging

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
12:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Delete it hell. I totally agree with everything you said.

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You would be the one to know that lol
he hugs lots of roots
especially at work
Excuse my mess. Siding is torn off the house, lumber from tearing the deck apart is piled on a trailer. Rails in another pile, grill living in the yard, grass needs cut. But....here's where we are with the remodeling project.View attachment 391059View attachment 391060View attachment 391061
i dont see any sawdust on the floor or any chainsaw cuts
I think it is safely out of driving radius of the dudge. He would have to hire out a repo! Lol
lmao