timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
1:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree wholeheartedly. Had a truck get hit and totalled. Since i used it like a truck.they said it wasn't worth chit. And then i had to prove i couldn't buy a suitable replacement for their assessment. Fuggin crooks
Had an issue myself just getting parts for my vehicle after an accident. Insurance would only pay for used parts on a late model full coverage vehicle. Horse pucky for sure and my anger made no difference in a call to my insurer. Unfortunately the consumer would be the loser on changes or upgrades.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had an issue myself just getting parts for my vehicle after an accident. Insurance would only pay for used parts on a late model full coverage vehicle. Horse pucky for sure and my anger made no difference in a call to my insurer. Unfortunately the consumer would be the loser on changes or upgrades.
We have been with USAA since 1987

They USED TO BE awesome

They have gone to only paying for generic parts instead of OEM

It wasn’t that long ago we had a $250 deductible but now it’s $1,000 or the premium more than doubles

Out of control

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My cousin called to tell me he retired from the army and the school board afterwards.
He and his wife decided to take a trip out west and then to Montana.

Well, they decided to see San Francisco. They parked the car to eat and upon returning found 2 windows busted, trunk opened and all their stuff / luggage gone.
Now they are on the way back home to Texas.

Grandpa said if a shotgun loaded with rocksalt was used it would deter criminals from reoffending better than jail in most cases.
This was from personal experence. He went to see a young lady on Sunday afternoon. Her daddy felt that nobody should be coming around talking to his daughter on sunday. Grandpa said the salt stung/burned for days.

If you can't have a personal defense device on your person in your state i ain't going there.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Insurance is one of those amazing ideas that had it's time and place but that has grown all out of control and reason

Just one more "system" that needs a total shaking up and overhaul
big pharma and insurance are the 2 biggest rip offs and both lobby the government to get their way

There was an article after the fires in Lahaina Hawaii and the hurricanes that said some major insurers were going to be "FORCED" to remove automatic coverage for natural disasters from home policies...

I know in Alaska we pay extra for earthquake insurance, flood insurance is always extra, and I guess now hurricane, fire, whatever (Act of God?) will be extra

If all that's going to be extra then WHAT THE ACTUAL FUC:K will the policy cover?

I know our earthquake insurance here and in Hawaii had an enormous deductible as well

After the Nov 2018 quake we had over $30,000 of damage and personal property loss and it was totally out of pocket because it didn't meet the deductible

Basically unless you house is totally destroyed you are *frenched

But, unless you can pay cash for a car and a house it's a system we are stuck with

Crooks, gangsters, extortionists, yup yup yup
why have insurance with all their excuses not to pay out
id tell them to go *f-word themselves
@dall how often do you get a “haircut”? And how much rubbing compound do you go through in a month lol
i cut my hair about every 4 months
and your mom rubs the top of my head while im taking care of things
it will cost extra for those pictures
but she isnt bad

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My cousin called to tell me he retired from the army and the school board afterwards.
He and his wife decided to take a trip out west and then to Montana.

Well, they decided to see San Francisco. They parked the car to eat and upon returning found 2 windows busted, trunk opened and all their stuff / luggage gone.
Now they are on the way back home to Texas.

Grandpa said if a shotgun loaded with rocksalt was used it would deter criminals from reoffending better than jail in most cases.
This was from personal experence. He went to see a young lady on Sunday afternoon. Her daddy felt that nobody should be coming around talking to his daughter on sunday. Grandpa said the salt stung/burned for days.

If you can't have a personal defense device on your person in your state i ain't going there.

I’d love to stay and chat but I have to put my perfectly legal automatic knife and handgun in my pockets and go run errands

IMG_3999.jpeg

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
2:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
big pharma and insurance are the 2 biggest rip offs and both lobby the government to get their way

i cut my hair about every 4 months
and your mom rubs the top of my head while im taking care of things
it will cost extra for those pictures
but she isnt bad
once it gets to skullet territory time to shave er off I’d say 4 months is about the limit beyond that deep skullet territory

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Yes to the first, shareholders just want more and more profits and board members want higher and higher salaries so someone has to pay

Its no different for any company with a bottom line really

Sadly, no to the second because like I said, if you didn't pay cash for your house you are required by the lender to maintain a certain level of insurance but I'm sure you are aware of that

I know people shop around for the absolute cheapest insurance they can find just to satisfy their lender and pray to god they never have a claim because Bob's Bait, Tacos, and Discount Insurance is most likely not gonna come through

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes to the first, shareholders just want more and more profits and board members want higher and higher salaries so someone has to pay

Its no different for any company with a bottom line really

Sadly, no to the second because like I said, if you didn't pay cash for your house you are required by the lender to maintain a certain level of insurance but I'm sure you are aware of that

I know people shop around for the absolute cheapest insurance they can find just to satisfy their lender and pray to god they never have a claim because Bob's Bait, Tacos, and Discount Insurance is most likely not gonna come through
im saying when its time for insurance to pay out
they are prompt when being paid but small print allows them to say we are not paying for this or for that
and they get by with it
and they have help from the politicians to make their excuses not to pay become law
when im shopping for cheaper insurance i keep with the larger names right now i have allstate and when they go raising rates ill go somewhere else
the last insurance claim i had was 30 years ago along with the last speeding ticket

also i dont have a bank loan but state mandated *B-S.... like
underinsured or uninsured we have to pay for that never gets a ticket or license taken

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
they are prompt when being paid but small print allows them to say we are not paying for this or for that
and they get by with it
and they have help from the politicians to make their excuses not to pay become law
when im shopping for cheaper insurance i keep with the larger names right now i have allstate and when they go raising rates ill go somewhere else
the last insurance claim i had was 30 years ago along with the last speeding ticket

underinsured or uninsured we have to pay for that never gets a ticket or license taken
Yup, yup, and yup

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
and they get by with it

Your in good hands, until they turn them palms down.

lohan808

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well just an update.
I looked at the vehicle, I wasn’t really impressed, as there was a lot more paint chips with rust and a few more dings.

I was still sort of keen, so I called the insurance co /underwriters who are dealing with the claim.
I asked about my claim and I weren’t happy with the offer. I got told they are not going to buy this vehicle as yours was not new ?, we just give the money.
So I explained I only had the vehicle 10months and did 6.5k miles I can’t buy a vehicle for the price your offering
So I was told to fwd the purchase invoice to them and they would look at it again.
So I said ok and thanked him and put the phone down……& said
GFY 😡
Fuggin insurance adjusters, not a decent soul among them.