Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
3:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nah you’d have to put that powertrain in a Ford, haha. We have or have had super duties 20 plus years old and they are solid. Dodge and Chevy bodies fall apart. Toyotas have held up well too but I think they are starting to cheapen. Time will tell. Also, my mom had a some kind of Ford wagon, total POS…every little widget and doodad broke and was $$$
49 year old Ford.

20230919_095946.jpg20230919_095927.jpg

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
4:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Question for ya: being you’re much further south than I am, at what temperature is it too hot for you to bow hunt and/or want to take care of a deer?

I ask because we let our deer hang for a week whenever possible, as long as nominal temps don’t get above 50 and as long as we can keep the meat under 40.. But early season bow hunting doesn’t allow that usually, and we can pack the carcass with ice while it’s hanging for a day or so, until we get the time to butcher, but it’s not ideal.
The temps are generally too high here until rifle season. So no hanging here. I thought about making a closet like structure in my building that I could insulate and put a window unit into. the meat hasn't really needed it. So I may never do it. Temps were better in the north where I used to live, but I like it here way better for everything else.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
4:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My daughter just had Covid. Her only symptom was a hacking cough.
It's mostly just been sinus congestion for me. I had some aches and chills the first 24 hours but no fever or anything serious.
Nah you’d have to put that powertrain in a Ford, haha. We have or have had super duties 20 plus years old and they are solid. Dodge and Chevy bodies fall apart. Toyotas have held up well too but I think they are starting to cheapen. Time will tell. Also, my mom had a some kind of Ford wagon, total POS…every little widget and doodad broke and was $$$
We have all Fords at work, most of them are newer but there is one old Super Duty that just won't give up. Its a '99 with a 5.4L and has 200k miles on it, and they've been a hard 200k. Towing way bigger trailers than it ever should, plowing, regularly overloaded, probably been washed 3 times in its life, involved in several moderate collisions, probably tens of thousands of idle hours. Old girl just keeps on ticking.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It looks like your new lawn is well established at least, that should hold up well over winter.
I think I am ok, I had some yellow spots develop that turned a rusty red-brown and I think they were from low spots where water was pooling due to the constant rain and saturation

There were also some bare spots from where gutter downspouts blew out the hydro seeding that really need to be overseeded as well as random spots that must have been missed in the seeding but I don't think thats an option this year so I will plan on doing it early next summer

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had to google this to see what was going on

The plane was apparently found TWO HOURS away from where the pilot ejected?

How the *f-word is that possible
I think they were testing AI flying it and it didn’t go as planned. So they made a cover story… But that’s just my speculation.. It should have had its transponder on in US air space, but it didn’t, so what were they trying to hide?

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think they were testing AI flying it and it didn’t go as planned. So they made a cover story… But that’s just my speculation.. It should have had its transponder on in US air space, but it didn’t, so what were they trying to hide?
AI is LITERALLY going to be the death of us

Terminator is looking more and more like future history rather than science fiction