Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
2:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys and gals,
Just thought I would introduce myself to a great forum full of great people and a wealth on information.
I have been a lurker for along time, I don't do any social media stuff, this forum is the closest I get. lol
My name is Ryan and I live in the foothills of the Mt hood National forest(Oregon)and I feel very fortunate for that, just minutes away from old growth and second growth stands of timber. I am married with two great kids which we all love the outdoors . I share the same passion for chainsaws , 2 strokes, logging, iron slinging and just figuring stuff out myself like most people on this forum. I have been a Diesel mechanic for the past twenty years, mostly working on anything with a Cat engine in it, love those Cats and Petes. I got started in the chainsaw addiction phase shortly after I pulled a 031 out of my dads trash can one weekend 15 years ago , he said it quit running and he threw it away. I converted the points over to electronic ignition and gave it back to him for several more years of service. If I could go back in time I would have way more garage space , more money and a wife that understands if I had just left the 031 alone that day. From that point on I have been addicted to saws and have acquired more than I can keep track of, I still love the sickness , my wife will never get it and now my 12 year old daughter gives me a hard time(okay maybe I am a hoarder). I spend a lot of time cutting firewood and doing tree jobs on the side when not spending time with the family. I have dealt with a few people on this site with parts interactions.
Thanks to all who contribute all the info to the site and sarcasm, its great.
Here is a couple photos from wood cutting this summer in the upper Clackamas with my father inlaw , these are windfalls which we use for firewood, love the Buckskins.

, View attachment 105318
Great pics and welcome to the nut farm Ryan.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys and gals,
Just thought I would introduce myself to a great forum full of great people and a wealth on information.
I have been a lurker for along time, I don't do any social media stuff, this forum is the closest I get. lol
My name is Ryan and I live in the foothills of the Mt hood National forest(Oregon)and I feel very fortunate for that, just minutes away from old growth and second growth stands of timber. I am married with two great kids which we all love the outdoors . I share the same passion for chainsaws , 2 strokes, logging, iron slinging and just figuring stuff out myself like most people on this forum. I have been a Diesel mechanic for the past twenty years, mostly working on anything with a Cat engine in it, love those Cats and Petes. I got started in the chainsaw addiction phase shortly after I pulled a 031 out of my dads trash can one weekend 15 years ago , he said it quit running and he threw it away. I converted the points over to electronic ignition and gave it back to him for several more years of service. If I could go back in time I would have way more garage space , more money and a wife that understands if I had just left the 031 alone that day. From that point on I have been addicted to saws and have acquired more than I can keep track of, I still love the sickness , my wife will never get it and now my 12 year old daughter gives me a hard time(okay maybe I am a hoarder). I spend a lot of time cutting firewood and doing tree jobs on the side when not spending time with the family. I have dealt with a few people on this site with parts interactions.
Here is a couple photos from wood cutting this summer in the upper Clackamas with my father inlaw , these are windfalls which we use for firewood, love the Buckskins.

, View attachment 105318
Welcome to the site
Still have my early kimber 1911 .45
When they were stamped kimber of oregon clackamas lol
New york now

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
3:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

, View attachment 105318
Great post.

Welcome to OPE.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welcome to our insane (but good) site Ryan.

Sounds like you will be a valuable asset! Nice pics, we don't have a lot of trees that big here on the East Coast!

Congrats to your FIL, love to see examples of those who stay in shape when others think they should be over the hill.

My Grandsons helped me build this Asian 660, so I let them run it a bit w/o B+C! They loved it and talked about it quite a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_20180103_163132421.jpg
    IMG_20180103_163132421.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 22

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Welcome to our insane (but good) site Ryan.

Sounds like you will be a valuable asset! Nice pics, we don't have a lot of trees that big here on the East Coast!

Congrats to your FIL, love to see examples of those who stay in shape when others think they should be over the hill.

My Grandsons helped me build this Asian 660, so I let them run it a bit w/o B+C! They loved it and talked about it quite a bit.
Pretty cool buddy

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welcome aboard Ryan! Great post and pics of you and your FIL at work. I like your builds of a different color, very cool. With all the Tecate talk I’m surprised my brother @RIDE-RED 350r hasnt chimed in to say hi and talk trikes a little. We are trike guys, couldn’t afford the 4th wheel as kids.